Official "LAS VEGAS GTG" thread!

lvcatfish

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
Was planning on bringing 20 burgers/buns. I need to thaw out some of the stash and want to make sure I bring enough. Is the food/potluck still on?

Turanga

TDI
one
I sure hope the potluck is still on! There is a (gas) bbq at the shop, so please feel free to bring anything you would like to grill!

Gluhkerze

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 2DR TDI Stick
I have a barn raising on Saturday (not kidding, really wish I was). How late people going to be there? We are starting early with barn then a BBQ, I might be able to swing by later in the afternoon.

Last edited:

jetlagmech

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
sorry so late, wife broke foot and I didnt know if I could go. I will be there fri night and sat. my first GTG. not planning to want any work done now but will be interested to see what others have for later planning. will check fri to see whats needed for potluck.

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
It looks like we have the dyno scheduled for 7pm saturday. Its $50 for 3 runs on an AWD Mustang dyno with eddy current. Let me know who's interested.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
john.jackson9213 and I are a go. We'll see you guys in the early session, after a junker trip. and the dyno!

Turanga

TDI
one
The shop where we will be in the morning is (very conveniently) located near a pick-a-part yard, if anyone is interested.

I just wanted to mention that the UV index for tomorrow is projected to be 11 - which equates to "extreme". So, be advised! I'll try and remember to bring some sunscreen, in case people don't have any.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Good time in Vegas. Especially the time we spent at the Pin Ball Hall of Fame! We were all a few minutes late to Dave's Dyno because we were all very involved in Pin Ball games.

I drove from San Diego to Jeremy's place, then we drove to Vegas. We spent an hour at the Pick A Part yard on Lamb Blvd, 8 blocks from the GTG site. We did not find anything for our VW's. but I did score a nice instrument cluster with a certified accurate police speedometer for my Comanche truck. Cluster also has a full set of lights for a 4 wheel drive!

Good to see old friends and meet some new friends. Big Time "thank you" to BCE Design for the hosting us in their shop and for the BBQ grill! The shade in the shop and their awning was very welcome. Besides, they had 3 different VW projects in their shop!

Long one day trip. up at 4:30 a.m. home at 1:45 a.m. Including just over 10 hours driving time.

Thanks to all who were there. I had a good time!

Good to see the Dyno results. Paul (Temporaptor), has solved a couple of problems since his dyno run last time. Think Paul picked up 50 ft/lbs in torque and 15 hp. Matt-98AHU ran about 110 hp and 215 ft/lbs. Very close to my own set up. Jeremy ran 2 different tunes (see his thread under TDI Power). He is also up 50 lbs/ft to 344 and up about 10 hp to 205 from 194 with the more conservative tune!

One thing I did learn was that Spring time in Vegas ended Saturday, April 21. (It was 95 degrees, very bright and lots of sun block).

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
One thing I did learn was that Spring time in Vegas ended Saturday, April 21. (It was 95 degrees, very bright and lots of sun block).
You think that's bad? Today we broke a record. Today's high was officially 99 degrees (it broke 100 in some parts of the city but the official temp at the airport only reached 99). It has never officially hit triple digits in April, but we still have over a week to go. We shall see. It was nice meeting some old and new friends. We should do this again in October or November (after the summer heat is over).

Have Fun!

Don

temporaptor

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta TDI 11 335D M-Sport
Put Down 133.3 WHP and 265.9 ft. lbs. I Had a great time! Ill upload the dyno videos when I get some time.