Charge Pipe Seals

Nohlan_4

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I did a search on the forum and found a thread with the part numbers but I can not now find it sorry for this. I believe oilhammer was the one that had commented with the correct numbers. Any way here it is, 2006 BRM recently replaced the turbo as the stock one was whining badly (OE Brand New Replacement from IDparts). Before turbo went out I noticed what looked like an excessive amount of oil leaking from the compressor outlet elbow and the 90 degree charge pipe connection coming right off the turbo, this oil was leaking enough to pool on top of the transmission right under the airbox/battery tray. When I replaced the turbo I cleaned all these area really good as I thought the blown turbo was pushing oil into the intake track. Now only 20,000 miles later this oil situation has returned to about the same level as before. So excluding that fact that it could be a turbo again (which I feel is unlikely) I'm thinking it could be the oring on the tubo inlet pipe and the seal on the turbo outlet charge tube just leaking CCV blowby into the system and its leaking out this way? So does anyone know the part numbers for these two seals?

Also to add just before the original turbo went out I had a malone 1.5 stage tune put on. When the first turbo went out I thought it was coincidence, now thinking maybe the Tune is too aggressive and causing too much load on the turbo?

relumalutan

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI Special Edition
More than likely the seal on the turbo inlet charge tube:https://www.idparts.com/intake-to-turbo-adapter-seal-cbea-cjaa-p-5229.html
I have also experienced oil leaking from there. I have replaced the whole tube, including the O-ring and the leak stopped for a while. It returned slowly after a while. Other forum members think the o-ring it's the wrong size, there is a thread on this forum discussing the issue in detail.
I've ran a Malone 1.5 on the original turbo for more than 100 k with no problems.

Nohlan_4

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
More than likely the seal on the turbo inlet charge tube:https://www.idparts.com/intake-to-turbo-adapter-seal-cbea-cjaa-p-5229.html
I have also experienced oil leaking from there. I have replaced the whole tube, including the O-ring and the leak stopped for a while. It returned slowly after a while. Other forum members think the o-ring it's the wrong size, there is a thread on this forum discussing the issue in detail.
I've ran a Malone 1.5 on the original turbo for more than 100 k with no problems.
Thanks I got the seams coming. I’ll try that first.