(Early) New Years resolutions for my B4

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
My B4 should crack the magic 200k km (124k mile) mark over the holidays. It has been a wonderful relationship, me and my car.

Just thought I'd share my plans for my car between now and next spring (watch out Tomo @ TDIFest 2003
)

- Axis Se7en wheels completely reconditioned and refinished to original gunmetal colour
- New tires (leaning toward Dunlop SP9000s)
- Quaife differential and Sachs Powerclutch (on-hand)
- Neuspeed front upper strut tower brace and rear sway bar (on hand)
- Rieger RS4-style front bumper (on hand)
- new headlights (on hand)
- fog lights (on hand)
- subwoofer (on hand) in custom trunk enclosure
- amplifier (on hand)
- Recaro front seats
- top secret engine mods...

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Tom,
Why not ask Fred about having your car perpetually pop up at the top of the "for Sale" category list just as the "faq" do on all the other lists?

Smoked Ham

You replied to my questions about B4 suspension upgrades...

Wow thanks for the input…

My son (17) has gotten in some trouble and almost killed street racing. I took him and his “rice boy” friends to an autocross… they are hooked… Good people for him to get involved with... this spring drivers school! But I want to run too!

Then I found this car and it is soooo clean and sooo cheap…

The Passat is heavy for this engine, but reading up here I can see there is hope. TDImister I see the STS… you give me hope… how well do you do in STS class?

The stock tires are suited for hay ladder use only; I hope replacements transform the car it’s pretty sorry now!

OK the plans… my list..
17” rims tires… Yokohama’s maybe (more input)
Shop for springs maybe--- maybe not
Bilstien’s for sure
Tie bar
Mufflerectomy or TT Tuning exhaust
Air filer K&N cone???
Chip Upsolute

Just ordered a VagCom, timing belt and stuff, and tools for the job… Will get that EGR fixed…

Added a boost gage last weekend, good entertainment (should be factory!), filled with Devlac (found a messed up oil drain tread!) 43 to 45 mpg so far!

Autocrossing a TDI I can love that!