Good TDI Mechanic in Richmond, VA?

magoali

TDI
Jetta, 2000, Red
Hello all, I am trying to find a good TDI mechanic down in Richmond, VA area. I have just moved from the Boston, MA area where I left a great guy (Chris Hill in Braintree <mastermechanicone@yahoo.com>). I got spoiled. Anyone know of a good place down here in the south? I am due for a timing belt in about 10k miles. So, I am just trying to be forward thinking here.

Thanks,
Mac

richmondvatdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat Wagon 5-speed,2003 Jetta GL Wagon, 2003 Jetta GLS Wagon, 2013 CC 2.0T
Import AutoHaus

Welcome to Richmond. We moved to VA from Holliston, MA back in '99 and love it here.

I got my timing belt done at Import AutoHaus. I deal with the location on Hull Street (Midlothian) but they have other locations (Richmond and Glen Allen I believe). They did a great job and were less expensive than the dealer. They seem to know TDI's inside and out.

Good luck!

owr084

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat GLS, 2005, Stonehenge Gray
Contact Matt (tdiclub club name "Car 54" <- include the space between car and 54). He is in Woodbridge VA and one of the best TB guys in the area. His cell phone # is in his profile. It would be worth it for you to drive it up here. I'm sure MrChill will vouch for him ;)

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
I just found out today that one of the few mechanics I trust with my TDI moved to Richmond, VA. I'm trying to get his contact info to post for y'all.

HatefulMechanic

TDI
Own? None. Fix? All.
i will second Import Autohaus. we had a customer that had some issues after a former employee did some axle work on their car, and the service to both my customer, our business, and the vehicle was top notch.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
There's somebody else on the list in SW Virginia, maybe closer to Charlottesvile than Richmond, but still worth checking into.

But looking in this thread, I can't tell if it's on the first page or toward the last.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=130044

G60ING

Top Post Dawg
TDI
No TDIs Currently, I have an R36 Corrado. I've had an ALH Corrado swap, AHU Corrado swap and 2003 TDI Jetta
Sonny Lowe www.sloweracing.com is an Upsolute Chipper and a very well respected TDI guy in this area. He is based out of Williamsburg and is known to do timing belts and other upgrades/repairs. I too work on TDIs but I'm located in Chesapeake/Norfolk/Virginia Beach. If you want a very good dealer to trust your best bet is checkered Flag VW in Virginia Beach or see what the guys on www.richmonddubs.com suggest. Welcome to the SEVA area :)