GTG in Vancouver, BC

brando06

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf Tdi Silver
I'd like to see what everyone around town has done with their cars and see if anyone can give me some pointers as well. What do you all think??

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
sure i'm always up for meeting up with people I can host one here if people wanna come out this way.

how about that injector swap? i have some free time and can do that injector install for ya.

WDM

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Mk IV Wagon/2005/Reflex Silver
I'm in, work and everything else permitting.

TDiMike

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI, reflex silver (sold)
One vote for June (when I tend to break less brittle german plastic and my hands aren't so frickin cold).....but don't wait on my account.

fair weather wrencher,

Mike

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
anytime is good for me even if we just hang out and have some coffee or something.... and brando06 when ya wannado the injectors?

Cyanotic

I'd be down for a GTG. I've had my 02 jetta auto with 100,000km since august. I haven't done anything to it yet. But i'm interested and have researched quite a bit. I would like input from some other local people. I'd like to get the diesel power mod and injectors then go from there.

Darren

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Hey Darren you are free to come over anytime we could chat, i can do some stuff, have done my injectors and stuff, we could take a look, I am doing my tb change on boxing day... could come see us

Cyanotic

I'd love to, next few days are really busy. Im hosting my family christmas and on boxing day I'll even be going to Langley to visit some family. I only see family once or twice a year so i think this week is not good. But another weekend would work.

Cyanotic

I just talked to my brother in Calgary. He bought me a service certificate for my jetta at Richmond VW. I'm wondering if I can get it switched to Guildford VW as i hear they are the best local dealership to get service. I bought it with 100,000km on it. Now it has 106 500km, so i think i'm due for a service. Plus im only getting around 600km to a tank of gas. Is this really low compared to everyone else? Mind you I fill up when the gas light comes on. doc_m maybe we can plan a day in the next week sometime to hang out and have a coffee.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Cyanotic said:
<snip> im only getting around 600km to a tank of gas. Is this really low compared to everyone else? Mind you I fill up when the gas light comes on. <snip>
Well there's your problem ... you're using gas instead of diesel!:D

Actually 600 km sounds rather low, but it depends on how much fuel is used to achieve the mileage. Are you venting the tank when you fill up? Or do you simply wait until the pump clicks off and that's that? For the most accurate calculation of mileage, search for "venting" so you can fill it to the brim each time, and then calculate your mileage. This is a good way to keep tabs on how your car's running because you'll notice a drop in mileage and possibly detect a problem with your car, just by tracking the mileage.

Cyanotic

Last time i filled up i put in 47 litres. I do fill it up to the brim, takes awhile. I saw the tutorial on how to vent but haven't done it yet.

DezlDan

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat TDI Variant - United Grey
Cyanotic said:
I'm wondering if I can get it switched to Guildford VW as i hear they are the best local dealership to get service.
I needed a good laugh, and now I've had it!

Last edited:

Cyanotic

Just going off what I've read here on the forum Dan. But if you have other knowledge you'd like to share, i'd like to hear it.

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
well I have done a fair amount of work on these cars let me know what is needed

DezlDan

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat TDI Variant - United Grey
Cyanotic said:
Just going off what I've read here on the forum Dan. But if you have other knowledge you'd like to share, i'd like to hear it.
I don't want to get into online slagging, but feel free to e-mail me and maybe we can talk on the phone, then you can make an informed decision about what is right for you. I'll never go there again.

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
well I think dealerships in general for me anyways a little leary of going to them unless it's a only dealer part kinda thing, and since just doing my tb here at home most of the other stuff would be pretty easy. With a couple very good parts stores around here prices can be very good and my labour isn't that much, certainly less that 100 or so an hour :)

tman604

TDI
Golf 2004 silver
I wouldn't mind meeting some fellow TDIers I'm interested in moding my golf so I wouldn't mind picking some brains for ideas of what I should do