White/greyish smoke from the TDI - Hellllp!

N_D_v_22101

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 MK4 2001 -REFLEX SILVER and now a MK5 JETTA Platinum Grey NON-TDI Tho.
OK, peeps-

On the way home last night from Rockville, my TDI (2001 TDI, only main mods are an upsolute chip) began smoking....then really began to smoke.

Enough smoke to literally blind someone who was following me! Yah, it was scary, but the car is at the stealership - hopefully I'll not get taken for an ride when given the estimate.

So, the last service was at a VW dealership for an oil change and general check as i was on the way to Nopi Nationals (Atlanta). Other than that no other problems since then.

Anyone with input here? Help fellow TDIers!

jtnorth

TDI
golf, gls, 2002, red
NDv,
I'm not a mechanic but I can steer you to a great one.
Go to or call Fairfax VW and ask for Troy in the service dept.
He's a member of tdiclub and very familiar with tdi's. You could pm him but I can't remember his user name. He has done alot of work for both me and my son, on our tdi's. He's very reasonable and does excellent work. And I do mean excellent. You'll be very pleased.
Good luck,
Jack

N_D_v_22101

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 MK4 2001 -REFLEX SILVER and now a MK5 JETTA Platinum Grey NON-TDI Tho.
OK, all, if you've ever been to www.clubdub.org, I post as beaufort_t_just...

anyways, per the $ervice advi$or at $tholman, apparently, the following will be covered under warranty, but not loaner/rental courtesy car is going to be allowed:

-turbo
-c/converter
-exhaust piping

well, i HOPE it's nothing else than that.

oh, ok so as i am having this work done at the dealer$hip, should I worry about it being 'shabbily' done? i hope it isn't as it's supposed OEM VW parts and tech's working on my car.

**sigh** i miss my tdi....**sigh**