CR190 GTD Turbo Kit for NMS Passat

aullein

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE 6Speed Manual
I have been in touch with ARodriguez as he is installing the CR190 GTD kit on their car as we speak. He mentioned to me that two of these kits were already running on cars but he didnt know who. Does anyone on here know who it is?? I would love some feedback on how its performing.

Reactions: ajh

aullein

Veteran Member
TDI
Man the torque numbers from this kit were a huge let down. Barely a difference compared to stock turbo with stage 2. I was thinking mid 300's or something like that. Any reason why??

aullein

Veteran Member
TDI
The install through Les up at germanmotorworks (Dieseldubs ) was 209/304 to wheels . The kit that AARodriguez has listed on his site hasn't been on dyno yet so I have no idea. I believe it is the same kit but not 100% sure. Both are using Malome for the tune so I would imagine so. Now Les did say that they retuned and turned it up some after the initial dyno and never dyon'd it after. So who knows .

Can someone verify if the kits are the same ?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Does this setup use the borg warner bv43a turbo or share the same center section?

aullein

Veteran Member
TDI
Can anyone explain the lack of torque compared to the other kits available with similar hp?? I'm no mechanical guru so just curious as to why?

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
I have been in touch with ARodriguez as he is installing the CR190 GTD kit on their car as we speak. He mentioned to me that two of these kits were already running on cars but he didnt know who. Does anyone on here know who it is?? I would love some feedback on how its performing.
We are planning to start custom tuning this tomorrow, it took more customizing than expected. More info soon!

aullein

Veteran Member
TDI
It's fast but doesn't have the torque increases I want, we hit a couple snags with tuning and tune equipment, improvements coming soon.
Whose pipe set up was being used and which diameter was it? Thanks

I am Not trying to link whichever combo it was to the tuning issues I am just curious of the set up is all.

Last edited:

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
Whose pipe set up was being used and which diameter was it? Thanks

I am Not trying to link whichever combo it was to the tuning issues I am just curious of the set up is all.
it has a 3" rawtek but that's not relevant to the tuning issue. We know what the hiccup was and how to avoid it in the future.

Jonathan-

TDI
2012 Passat
Im anxious to know as well! I'm a new guy here but have been lurking for a while. Is it comparable to a stage 3 tune? Or just a 2?

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
Im anxious to know as well! I'm a new guy here but have been lurking for a while. Is it comparable to a stage 3 tune? Or just a 2?
I probably shouldn't guess out loud, but I think we will see around 220whp and 335 ft lbs at the wheels. It is a bigger difference going to Stage 3 than it is going from Stock to Stage 2

aullein

Veteran Member
TDI
should the folks with a manual consider a clutch upgrade?
Do you know the limit on the manual??

AARodriguez Corp.

TDI
A stock manual clutch wouldn't last long, I was talking to Les, he said DSG flywheel shudder starts around 350 ft. Lbs of torque so it sounds like we did a nice job tuning it. It's stunning how fast it gets to 120 on a track.

viking427

Veteran Member
TDI
VW
Which Garrett model # is being used for this "CR190" kit ?

GTBXXXX
GTCXXXX
GTDXXXX

I know the CR170 uses the GTC1549.