Part number of common maintenance items

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Hey all,

I'm considering providing some information on part numbers for the items we commonly need to replace/repair and maintain. A4 ONLY, Jetta/Golf. I've cleared this with Fred, and have gotten his permission to move ahead.

Here's an example of the format of the document I'd post:

http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/500/1305JV_floormats.pdf

The URL's will be kept in the Frequently Asked Questions Forum Section:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/ubbthreads.php?Cat=&C=7

I can't do everything for all model years. It's just not possible. But I figured we could get started and maybe I can keep up. The info may not the THE absolute latest, but it'll get you a part number that you can start with.

You would need to veryify the latest with the dealer or your favorite parts place.

What do you think? Worth a try? If yes, please post the part or parts you think we should list.

thanks,

Lito

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Here's how they'll be organized with subgroups underneath each main group.

Main Group 1 - Engine & Clutch
Main Group 2 - Gastank & Pipelines, Exhaust System, Heater
Main Group 3 - Transmission
Main Group 4 - Front Axle, Differential, Steering
Main Group 5 - Rear Axle
Main Group 6 - Wheels, Brakes
Main Group 7 - Frame, Bumpers, Hand & Foot Levers
Main Group 8 - Body
Main Group 9 - Electrical Systems
Main Group 0 - Extras

mgwerks

Veteran Member
TDI
black 1999 New Beetle
Lito,

It seems like a good idea, but I think it might spur increased message traffic about questions and explanations than it will reduce it. It'd be easier if VWOA would just retail ETKA... lol.

Mark

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mgwerks,

That'll never happen. Besides, don't get my thread deleted by mentioning ETKA, ok? You're killing me!

It's this or nothing I'm afraid.

Alan you're first on the list...

Intake Manifold parts

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
If I don't get any other suggestions, then I'm not going through with this project.

I have other things I can spend my time on.

Lito

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
Sorry Lito..I had not read this thread before...I would suggest the obvious ones....filter kit numbers..oil filters..ect...also the plastic skid plate and side skirt numbers...injector washer numbers...(sorry I'm thinking as I type this)...fuel tank pickup for those with questions about the "H" mod issues....numbers for the various fasteners like the torx screws ect..ect..all the bolt numbers and fasteners for the proper TB job...along with the rollers ect..ECU parnt numbers and what years each were in...this has caused a lot of confussion in the past...also the same info for the key FOB's

I'm not sure if thats the type of suggestions your looking for or not.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yes Craig, thanks. Robert, OEM parts only. I don't have non-oem part numbers.

Intake Manifold Parts
Oil Filters
Cabin Filter
Fuel Filers
Plastic skid plate and side skirt numbers
Injector washer numbers
Fuel tank pickup/Sending Unit
Various fasteners like the torx screws
Timing Belt part numbers w/rollers
ECU part numbers and what years each were in
Info for the key FOB's
nuts and caps for the plastic engine cover
studs for plastic engine cover mounts
braided fuel return lines

Thanks. I'll get started this weekend!!

L

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
Lito...this thread might be good "sticky" material for the top of this forum...added visability is a key for what you want to do on this one. Hopefully if more people see it then you will get a lot more input.

DeafBug

Gone but Never Forgotten: Requiescat In Pace
TDI
2001 NB
I was going to do the same thing but more of a table format. Only TDI engine and some areas under the hood. The ETKA has too much non TDI stuff. I was planning on putting it all on a table format in HTML version with two frames. The left frame was going to be a list of areas in the engine. The right frame was going to be the parts numbers and description.

I had planned on doing it for about a year. But workload had really taken off. So many software releases in the last 9 months. All of us in the development team complained. So now they are going to slow it down after this release which the code cut off is Today. So next week I will have more time. Also I plan to get the latest ETKA from work so that it has superscede part numbers.

But my approach is far different than Litos so don't let me stop you from doing it. I will be including the Beetles. After I get my spring cleaning done at the house and cars then I am going to start doing it.

mwalters

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI 2013 Tornado Red
Don't forget the frickn' nuts and caps for the plastic engine cover that fall down in the engine bay! Also, the studs that the plastic engine cover mounts to, so when the so-called mechanics at the stealership crank down the nuts to 90ft-lbs., you can just replace them!

Also, the braided fuel return lines that go between the injectors.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Deafbug, great! When you start, start a thread or post a URL. I'll make sure it makes it to the Frequently Asked Questions forum section.

Mwalters, thanks for the suggestions.

L

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
This is a hell of an undertaking, but a worthwhile one. Lito, your earning your keep on this one man!

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
glow plug/harness/relay part numbers woud be a good addition
along with relay 109 part number etc..

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
If you look in your bentley's manual most of the bolts that have a torque spec with an additional turn of 90 degrees or whatever are usually stretch bolts.

L

danix

Veteran Member
TDI
None now. Former: 2011 335d, 2010 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon. 99.5 Jetta TDI, 98 NB TDI, 3 different black 96 Passat TDI wagons.
I don't think every little part is needed, but the most useful would be OK. Of course, part numbers do change, so the documents run the risk of being outdated.

I think a web driven front end to a database would be the most useful. It's essentially what I have for my ecommerce site.

I do list both the VW and manufacturer part numbers on everything I sell, so people can always use that as a reference.

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I can't do everything for all model years. It's just not possible. But I figured we could get started and maybe I can keep up. The info may not the THE absolute latest, but it'll get you a part number that you can start with.

You would need to veryify the latest with the dealer or your favorite parts place.

What do you think? Worth a try? If yes, please post the part or parts you think we should list.

thanks,

Lito

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Lito, I noticed that your putting these in the photo server in the section for PDF "How To.."
I think perhaps a whole new section should be created for these rather than lump them in with the pdf how to. From what i've seen, they are really only part #s without actual instructions. When looking for a particular instructional pdf it is now difficult to find due to the large #s of files in the section.
Thoughts?

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
If Fred would create it, that's fine. I can't do it, I least I don't think I can.

L

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well, the PDF's have been moved into my personal folder. I do not want to take up my personal space for something I don't really need.

So I'm gonna stop for a while until some other space allocation can be accomodated.