Mk4 tdi power steering rack question

Micmitchell

TDI
2001 Jetta tdi 397000kms
Hey all
Recently did some front end damage to my Jetta and need to replace the power steering rack. Planning to grab one from pick a part as they are quite expensive new.
I'm wondering if VW uses the same rack for all its mk4 Jettas or if they are model specific?
Mine is a 2001 tdi manual transmission
Any info would be great!
Thanks

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
99.5-05 Golf, Jetta , beetle. Diesel or gas. Auto or manual.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Racks are the same. PS lines, however, vary. Re-use the ones that are on your car.

ZiggyoftheNorth

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
Audi TT fits too. The TT and R32 have a quicker steering ratio, but bolt in the same. I just got an Audi TT rack and am waiting to install. I was lucky enough to find it in a U-Pull-It yard here. Hard part was the bolt inside holding it to the column as there were no keys and the column was locked with the bolt facing the fire wall. I had to unlock the column with a three pound hammer.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
The TT and R32 have a quicker steering ratio, but bolt in the same.
There's some debate about this among suppliers. The auto specs show a different ratio, but it's not clear whether or not it really is. I put a TT rack in my '99.5 Golf and there was no difference from the OE rack.