SCCA TDI's

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Well I think this is a proper area for these pictures and a little details.

Starting off I join awhile back when I owned a 98 Porcelian Blue TDi.

Now I currently own a CW 2010 Golf TDI 6spd.

Pictures consist of myself and a local VW Club Member in his 1999 Jetta TDI *articcat93* he is also on the boards.

Also the little cart is RPI local college's Diesel Hybrid. I have no information about it but it was cool as hell.

Last edited:

DASH

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI / 2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Very nice... How did the TDIs compare to some of the other cars that were there?

arcticcat93

Veteran Member
TDI
06 V10 Touareg
Thanks for the picture post! I think there was some ok videos that we can post up. Hopefully we can get some quality videos at the next event.

Moltenburn

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 B7 Passat 2.0 TDI
Man I loved the SCCa events. Only thing that keeps me from doing it now is my wallet. You need to be loaded or a drug dealer to be able to afford the track racing hobby. I was going full set of tires every 2 weeks when I was doing it regular in my spec-v. That doesn't count the smoked clutches, warped rotors, and other mechanical issues thart arise from beating on the car regularly.
I say do it once in a while if you are using your daily driver, otherwise by a nice old toyota Corrolla and beat the hell out of that on the track, will save you a bunch of cash.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Hooyah!! did a couple myself AutoX and really like them............... I prefer the NASA track events http://www.nasaproracing.com/ though ... One gets lotsa more thrills for the $ at the track .... 4 - 20 minutes sessions around the track at 100 mph + rather than five - 37 seconds runs around cones at 40 mph

You did pretty good in your results though ... Congrads!

Last edited:

honda93

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Just bought a 2010 Golf TDI 4 door (6MT) that I intend on autocrossing in HS with the SCCA both locally and Nationally. I'm looking forward to the challenge as I have always run the underdog.

honda93

TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Well I think this is a proper area for these pictures and a little details.

Starting off I join awhile back when I owned a 98 Porcelian Blue TDi.

Now I currently own a CW 2010 Golf TDI 6spd.

Pictures consist of myself and a local VW Club Member in his 1999 Jetta TDI *articcat93* he is also on the boards.

Also the little cart is RPI local college's Diesel Hybrid. I have no information about it but it was cool as hell.
Hello,

Question regarding the TCS... Since it cannot be turned off fully (from what I've heard) did you find that it intervened too much to the point that it slowed you down?

Sayray24

TDI
1998 VW Jetta
Last edited:
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Hello,

Question regarding the TCS... Since it cannot be turned off fully (from what I've heard) did you find that it intervened too much to the point that it slowed you down?

Only time i noticed the TCS not being totally shut off is off the start, but since you have have some space before you hit the start boxes.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Are you gonna change your screen name to GolfTDI10 then?

We love to pounce on Hondas here ;)

Just bought a 2010 Golf TDI 4 door (6MT) that I intend on autocrossing in HS with the SCCA both locally and Nationally. I'm looking forward to the challenge as I have always run the underdog.

BgRedBrck

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 JETTA
Hey disturbancetkxe

What class is your friend running in. I ran a couple weeks ago in a local event and come to find out in the wrong class. I'm thinking I need to be in SMF Street Modified FWD since I have nozzles and will have a tune

Just for fun!! Video of a few of my first runs