FS 1996 Passat TDI B4V - Storm Grey

crayonbox

TDI
SOLD: 2002 Jetta TDI / SELLING: 1996 Passat TDI B4V / CURRENT: 2018 Golf Alltrack Base
If you search my previous threads, you will see I bought this car roughly a year and a half ago. I had big plans to keep an updated thread going, but that quickly dissolved with a lot of my spare time. I started a venture into business ownership so it will be YEARS for me to get this car perfect. However, it does run like a top and function (until the next window regulator goes, or whatever little quirk pops up)

I have included an ad I placed on craigslist (this is very simple for craigslist sake)

https://siouxcity.craigslist.org/cto/d/volkswagen-passat-tdi-wagon/6768737459.html

I understand the Nice Cars TDI "falsehoods" if you will. The previous owners purchased from them, as has literally $10K worth of extra receipts to get everything dialed in. From here, I have another $3500 into extra repairs including all belts, starter and other various things. For any questions, feel free to DM or email me and I will provide a phone number. I can also provide accommodations (a place to stay) for anyone traveling to pick this up. It will get you home, anywhere, without a shred of doubt. :)

NMDieselExplorer

TDI
B5.5 Passat TDI Wagon 6 speed ELN conversion
Nice B4V-I've always liked that color. If I didn't already have a B5.5V and a C5 Allroad 2.0L TDI, I would probably go for it. GLWS.

B3achbum

Veteran Member
TDI
(Nigel) 2004 jw GLS 5sp / +332K miles, (Hildegarde) 2008 R320 CDI / +132K miles
Details, details

You might actually save time for all interested parties, by putting a synopsis of car's maintenance history. Rather than doing so privately, a number of times.

It seems like response rates on the B4's is not what it used to be. When I joined they were snapped up often very quickly. Now they can languish unsold.

Since you have receipts in hand, this would be well worth your time.
Car looks nice, GLWS!

97B4TDi

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 B4 Passat, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Agreed; it would be nice to know the history of the cars maintenance/fixes/upgrades

May be interested.

crayonbox

TDI
SOLD: 2002 Jetta TDI / SELLING: 1996 Passat TDI B4V / CURRENT: 2018 Golf Alltrack Base
Thanks all that were interested & offered advice. The car sold for $4000, if anyone is looking to gauge value for theirs. I had 3 folks interested from different parts of the country, but the first looker took her. He only had to drive two hours luckily :)

crayonbox

TDI
Believe I could have held out for more, but the buyer had good plans and was very upfront abut everything. Plus, the driver window regulator I just installed was faulty (bad weld). So the car sold with the regular and window motor removed.

crayonbox

TDI
Nice B4V-I've always liked that color. If I didn't already have a B5.5V and a C5 Allroad 2.0L TDI, I would probably go for it. GLWS.
I just picked up a 2018 Golf Alltrack in Great Falls Green. Boy... what a difference. Still the Alltrack doesn't look near as stellar as the B4V. Such a beautiful car...