Sturgeon Bay GTG Poll

Which Sturgeon Bay GTG are you interested in attending?

• Have a GTG on June 9th.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Have a GTG on June 16th.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Have a GTG on Labor Day Weekend.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Have a GTG on October 20th.

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Have a Spring and Fall GTG.

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
As some of you know, I usually have 2 GTGs. One in the spring and one in the fall. Needless to say the turnout at spring GTG hasn't been that great the last ~ 4 years, so I'm going to put up a poll with 5 different options for people to select. This way I can gauge the interest of which GTG they would most likely to attend.

Here's a link to the GTG I put on last fall for those that are interested in attending.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=480490

You can select more than one date if you're interested in attending more than one GTG, but please still select Have a Spring and Fall GTG.

Also please post if you would like me to inquire with one of the TDI tuners if they would be willing to attend one of the later GTGs. (Rocketchip, Malone, Kerma, and TDTuning)

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
My son is moving to Madison in August so the likelihood of me getting out there in the fall is much better than it has been previously. I really like Wisconsin, and Sturgeon Bay is now one of my favorite parts of the state.

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
As far as I know, I'm available pretty much any of those poll choices. Just let me know the weekend and I'll try to be there.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
My son is moving to Madison in August so the likelihood of me getting out there in the fall is much better than it has been previously. I really like Wisconsin, and Sturgeon Bay is now one of my favorite parts of the state.
Does one date look more appealing than the other this fall?

My wife and I enjoy visiting her sister in Tomhawk, so a visit to the Sturgeon Bay area is always under consideration.
It would be great to have you attend one of my GTGS, so you'll have a little bit more time to explore and enjoy Door County. ;)

As far as I know, I'm available pretty much any of those poll choices. Just let me know the weekend and I'll try to be there.
Awesome to hear. :)

I have a question for those that would be interested in attend the GTG on Labor Day Weekend...which day works better for you? Saturday or Sunday?

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Sounds like a nice road trip, my favorite time to camp, no bugs. Is there State or Federal forest near you?

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Sounds like a nice road trip, my favorite time to camp, no bugs. Is there State or Federal forest near you?
As MichaelB posted, we have a few state parks in our county ;), with Potawatomi Park being the closest to Sturgeon Bay. There can be issues reserving a site in Peninsula State Park during the summer months due to it's popularity, but it shouldn't be a problem later in September and going into October.

There are some good private campgrounds in the area as well, depending on who you are bringing with you and what you're looking to do while you're up here.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Thanks, I'll look into them. I used to fish the upper part of that bay every spring from the Kipling area for Perch. We would work the small rivers and creeks for smelt. A beautiful area for sure. I get into the U.P. at least once a year, but haven't been over there in a while.

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Thanks, I'll look into them. I used to fish the upper part of that bay every spring from the Kipling area for Perch. We would work the small rivers and creeks for smelt. A beautiful area for sure. I get into the U.P. at least once a year but haven't been over there in a while.
Well, unfortunately, the perch in the bay is gone. My wife's family is from the Musing area in the UP. In the summer the most beautiful place on the planet. She died 2 years ago and that's another story. The Door is the best I can do a now.:)

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
For those interested in attending on Labor Day, is there a preference on which day the GTG was? Saturday or Sunday?

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
For those interested in attending on Labor Day, is there a preference on which day the GTG was? Saturday or Sunday?
.I don't know about Labor Day..........I think later in October is a better choice fewer Labor Day tourists. Just don' schedule it during the Door Count Fall festival.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
.I don't know about Labor Day..........I think later in October is a better choice fewer Labor Day tourists. Just don' schedule it during the Door Count Fall festival.
I could always do 3 GTGs ;) Since I think at this point we can cross having a GTG on June 9th off the list.

Hopefully by the end of the week, I can have a decision made on when to have to have a GTG and how many.

Right now I'm leaning towards having a GTG on October 20th and then either a GTG on the 16th of June or having a Midwest Fest on either Saturday or Sunday of Labor Day.

So please help sway me in one direction or the other on having a GTG on the 16th of June or the Saturday or Sunday of Labor Day. :)

Looks like Fall Festival is the weekend before October 20th, so we're good on that front. :D

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
We had really good weather for the one last fall. Sunny, warm, and it didn't rain, for once. lol As far as Labor weekend, I think Saturday might be the best choice because it still gives people a chance to do stuff the other two days, rather than splitting the weekend up. If you do end up having three, I can't promise to make all of them, but I should be able to hit at least one or two.

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
We had really good weather for the one last fall. Sunny, warm, and it didn't rain, for once. lol As far as Labor weekend, I think Saturday might be the best choice because it still gives people a chance to do stuff the other two days, rather than splitting the weekend up. If you do end up having three, I can't promise to make all of them, but I should be able to hit at least one or two.
June 16 for me for sure but labor day I most likely could make that thinking Saturday would be better for labor day. any Malone tuners going to be there either time? Need to get the car tuned Mark

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, I made a decision to have a Cruise/GTG on October 20th. This way it gives everyone enough of a heads up to take off work, get out of going to wedding you didn't want to go to anyways :D, skip your kids sporting event(j/k;)), etc.

Fingers crossed for some awesome weather like last falls cruise/gtg. :cool:

Hope you can make it. :)
Sturgeon Bay, WI Cruise/GTG October 20th 2018