2.0 exhaust pressure sensor

vw_steve

hey people i have a 09 jetta tdi with 197000 km. im getting a exhaust pressure sensor 2 open/short fault. it is a hard fault and will not let me clear it. i forgot the paper at work i think the p code is p017a. its the hex code. i cannot find any info on this fault. i cant even find where this pressure sensor is. does anyone know where i can find any info on this fault or exploded views of the exhaust system. the exhaust flap motor under the car is not jammed and is moving freely.

birkie

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 jetta wagon, red

Here's the image. There are two of them - the point is to measure pressure drop across the particulate filter as a means of determining soot or ash loading.

vw_steve

you r awesome. thanks for the pic. have you come across this fault before?it is p047a. i cant find any info on it. i think the code is a myth.lol. i even had my buddy look on vwhub and it is not in there. im assuming if the filter is plugged it would give me a "implausible signal" rather than a open/short. has anyone seen the wires or sensors screw up in these before?

birkie

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 jetta wagon, red
Unfortunately (or fortunately), I have not encountered this particular issue before. I highly doubt the filter is plugged... Here is a thread which may help in your diagnosis, regarding a European '07 Eos TDI. I didn't take a look at the pictures, but would imagine it should be similar/identical to the one on the '09s

http://www.vweosclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4269

vw_steve

well i got the customer back and i checked the voltage readings at the sensors and they were within specs so i checked the wires from the sensors to the ecm and they were good (what a stupid setup for the antitheft on the ecm, sheerbolts with loctite on the threads). i plugged everything back in and now it works. i tried to move the harness to see if the fault would come back but nothing. i must of had 6 hours on this thing with all the checking and dicking around. i explained it to her and charged her 2 hours labour. i hope that is the end of it.