what is with the cup holders

Vipertung

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta
I remember reading a post about installing cup holders from a 04 into a 00. Does anyone know where that is or have any of you done this.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
I have done it. it the easy part of easy peasy. there are two little metal prongs on either side of the old cupholder, use a vry small knife or flat screwdriver to release them and it pops right out. if you spent 30 seconds doing this job 20 seconds was looking for the tools.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
I bought an indash one from VWVOrtex for 45 dollars. I do not know if the console one will fit.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
If you want to have the console cup holders from an 04 in your car, you also have to change the e-brake handle. So it adds quite a bit of expense for just a cupholder.

Your best bet is to get an in dash claw style cup holder for above the radio. Like Fred said, can be found on the Vortex for between $40-50

Burl4561

Veteran Member
TDI
-'02 Golf 4dr
Hold on Wingnut, you don't absolutely have to replace the brake handle. By making the two mounting hole oblong, you can angle the handle toward the driver, align it to the new console extension, and then bolt it back down.
Details can be found here. http://sites.vwsport.com/fierrpawz/
I did mine with the seats out since I was adding heat at the time. I'm not sure how easy tihs is with the seats still in.

Burl4561

Veteran Member
TDI
-'02 Golf 4dr
it isn't mine, found it linked over on the vortex.
At least one of the part numbers has had a revision since it was written too.
FYI, the change was made mid year 2003.