Help cut wrong plug replacing glow plug harness

Kjames

TDI
2002 Beetle, 1998 Jetta, 2005 Jetta, 2005 Jeep CRD
Help. I cut the wrong 4 prong plug when replacing glow plug harness. There was a 4 prong connector under the the power steering resevoir and battery shelf. It match and fit. I did not pay attention and cut the wrong 4 wire harness. Does any one know what each of these four wires goes too. The plug is jsut like the glow plug harness and it is closer to the motor than the glow plug harness plug. Thanks, Kevin

Kjames

TDI
Lost the plug end that I cut off wrongly. Found the old gp harness in the trash but not the four pin connector that I cut from the wrong harness.

Kjames

TDI
Ran great with teh glow plug harness plug into the wrong connector until I found the mistake . The CEL, battery and air bag was on however.

Herm TDI

Vendor
Richmond, Maine...The far side of Witsend
TDI
2002 Golf GLS Malone Stage 3, P+520 nozzles, 11MM Inj pump, Sachs VR6 clutch, Stelth Race Pipe, Immo Deleat, EGR Deleat
Connector

Help. I cut the wrong 4 prong plug when replacing glow plug harness. There was a 4 prong connector under the the power steering resevoir and battery shelf. It match and fit. I did not pay attention and cut the wrong 4 wire harness. Does any one know what each of these four wires goes too. The plug is jsut like the glow plug harness and it is closer to the motor than the glow plug harness plug. Thanks, Kevin
Here is my advice:
Go to a local salvage yard and find any A-4 Jetta.
Remove the harness channel cover and cut the connector you need including as much as the harness as you can get.

Go to a local VW dealership and buy the butt connectors for the size wire you have (take your slavaged connector with you).
Do not try to do a BS hack-job when you install this connector.

These cars are sensitive to circut impeadeance and if you try the old "tape it till it choaks" junk you'll have problems, a lot of problems.

If you do not know how to splice in a connector correctly then pay someone else (who knows what they are doing) to do it for you.