New 2013 Passat - questions and observations

Houdsie73

TDI
2013 passat SE
I picked up my 2013 Passat TDI SE 6 spd manual on Saturday. It's Black with Cornsilk and absolutely beautiful. It's my first diesel and new VW in a long time. I do have a few questions and observations from my first 48 hours:

The car came with Monster Mats and CarGo system. BUT the regular car mats were not included. I asked the dealer if the regular mats should be included and they said no, the package is from the factory and not accessory. Anyone else run into this? I'm thinking of pushing the matter with VWoA

The headlights do not penetrate down the road. Is it common with the Passats to have to adjust the headlights up?

Visibility while driving in the rain was horrible with oncoming traffic. Anyone else run into this and have a quick fix?

Overall I love the car. MPG is running 42.5 after 250 miles. The 6 spd is fun to drive with all the torque. My kids are happy to have the rear vents though the control dials are on the small side. The interior is comfortable without being cushy. I'm looking forward to many miles and information on the forums. When your wife comes home from her first extended drive of the car and the first words from her mouth is "That is a fun car to drive" You know you dd something right.

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
The car came with Monster Mats and CarGo system. BUT the regular car mats were not included. I asked the dealer if the regular mats should be included and they said no, the package is from the factory and not accessory. Anyone else run into this? I'm thinking of pushing the matter with VWoA
AFAIK the SE does not come with any mats standard, so the Monster Mats are not replacing anything, thus you should not have any additional mats. That is not the case for the SEL, though.

sanjaun2

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI 2012 Passat TDI
Your headlights could use an adjustment. Mine actually needed to be turned down. If that does not do the trick for you, There are many options like; Adjusting the headlight voltage with vagcom, Brighter halogen bulbs like silver stars, or my favorite. HID lights 4300K temp works the best. Do a search and you will find a ton of info on this.

Papachristou

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 VW Passat SE DSG
argh! i wished the wife had sprung for the stickshift. she had an s4 stickshift for years and a few weeks before we got the passat, she got stuck on a hill with it. someone parking in front of her real close and she couldnt back out. after that, i knew there was no way she was going for it.

congrats on the car. should only get better with time. the 12s have rear vents too, just under the seats.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Congrats and welcome to TDIClub!

Headlights are an easy enough fix - we have a 4300K HID kit in ours... set us back $180 and 4 hours of time to install it. Night and day difference. :D