2002 Jetta automatic transmission problems

petger

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 6spd, 2010, Blue
Dakota2004 said:
Randy,
The cost on a rebuild would be $2945.00 + $600.00 (core deposit) + Shipping (depends on your location). It would take us about a week to get one out when you place the order.
Theresa
German Transaxle of America
gta@bendbroadband.com
800/892-4327
So for that price you have to do the removal & installation your self? I had mine done for $3K (parts labor, tax and 24 month/24K warranty)

SubseaFB

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 New Beetle, TDI Silver
petger said:
So for that price you have to do the removal & installation your self? I had mine done for $3K (parts labor, tax and 24 month/24K warranty)
How much experience does McFalls have in rebuilding these tranny's? If they turn out to be a repuitable rebuilder, Colorado is a whole lot closer than Oregon for a lot of folks. Could you post their contact information for us?

petger

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 6spd, 2010, Blue
SubseaFB said:
How much experience does McFalls have in rebuilding these tranny's? If they turn out to be a repuitable rebuilder, Colorado is a whole lot closer than Oregon for a lot of folks. Could you post their contact information for us?
I guess I'm the Guinea Pig right now, but they came highly recommended by my VW mechanic (Loren at European Motorsports). Here's the info, and I'll post if any problems do arise.

McFalls Transmission Service
3616 Betty Dr.
Colorado Springs, CO
719-570-0919 ask for Steve or Jake (great guys to work with)

Blauwagon

TDI
JettaWagon,2004,Blau
Wow this has been a sobering thread for me.

My 02 Wagon has an AT with no problems ( hear me knocking wood ).
I currently have 170kmiles and plan on going 250k.

I convinced my mechanic to do the AT service at 150kmiles.

Did I wait too long?

What is a good interval?

Fortuna Wolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI Auto Sedan
I would do a service every 80,000 mi
change the fluid, filters, and gear oil.
You need 1-2L of synthetic 75w90 gear oil for the differential. I recommend red line's oil.