LF: Serpentine Belt and V-Belt and Timing Belt

velvetassassin96

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta Tdi - the HULK
Heya guys!

I am due to change my timing belt soon, and since I am going on a little trip come mid October outside the country, I'd rather work on it this month than when I come back in mid-end November...

Checked CDN tire, and Part Source ('cause they offer the price match + 10% off thing), the guys on the phone tell me that there's good quality belts and so-so belts, I guess a belt is a belt is a belt.

Anyways, just wondering where you guys get your belts... and whether the belt is made by a brand v.s. so-so brand makes a difference.

If you got a spare one you want to get rid of, I could entertain picking it up in the GTA... (mk3 with AC)

I appreciate any tips/suggestions regarding changing those belts!

Cheers!

velvetassassin96

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta Tdi - the HULK
just did a quick search around the forum, I guess contitech is probably my best choice...

gonna check out precision tomorrow, any other recommendations?

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Are you looking for a complete kit? I just swapped on a deluxe kit (From a groupbuy we had with Precision) on my 99.5 and about 1000kms later I bought a new car and took my old Jetta off the road. All new rollers, WP, tensioner.. All you'd need is new stretch bolts to make the kit complete.

velvetassassin96

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta Tdi - the HULK
@LNXGUY/Bill
I was more looking for just the belts... but I could entertain that thought (of getting a almost complete tb kit...)

was your engine the ahu?
what would you let it go for?