2012 buyback purchase

windnutlarry

TDI
2012 Touareg, 93K, (VW buyback purchased 12/07/19)
Hi all, just bought a 2012 Touareg Sport with 93K last week. Just curious to know if anyone has any insight on what VW actually does to these other than the emissions updates. I filled it with winterized diesel from Kwik-Trip in Green Bay Wi, and added 1oz Howe's Diesel Treat per 2.5 gallons since we are already having subzero temps. It had about 1/2 tank when I bought it, but no idea how old the fuel was. The tires are very good Pirelli's, but had some flat-spotting from sitting that made a pretty good slap at speed. That's getting better, but I doubt if it will go away entirely. All 3 wiper blades fell apart with the first snow. The brakes are good, with no rust or pitting on the rotors. It had about 100 miles on it since the VW update at 93,033, and supposedly had a fresh oil change with Castrol Synthetic. I have no way to verify that, and was planning on waiting to the 100,000 mile service. All in all, it's actually in better shape than I thought it would be after sitting for a couple of years.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
watch the pumps. if they sell d1 chances are its not winterised well. if they only sell d2, it should be winterized. Best place ive found is holiday. They put a placard out. has been -14 and no issues yet. they change the oil \ filter as well as the fuel filter. they check the cabin and engine air filters and change if necessary. if its got a pano, clean drains and lube everything. Also pull your wheel well liners and clean the crap out of them. They have foam stuffed in them for deadening. Should be done every spring and fall. the trans oil and filter should be changed. also plan for timing belt tensioner, idlers, waterpump and fresh coolant. Mine has flatted tires too. driven 6k miles and still there. not sure if i want to deal with them for 40k. Winter tires make a big difference. And also, drive it hard for awhile. its good for the emissions systems.

windnutlarry

TDI
2012 Touareg, 93K, (VW buyback purchased 12/07/19)
Thanks, Kwik Trip is all over WI/MN, but Holiday isn't around here. KT sells a LOT of fuel, and the diesel pumps are always busy. I'm leery of gas stations that have one lonely diesel pump that never gets used. No issues in the first 500 miles except that I can't get the tire pressure display off the dash. I had one tire low, set all to 33/38, but the screen won't reset so I can check mileage. If I use the "vehicle" setting it just displays pressure and won't scroll.