TDIFest 2016 logo and t-shirt design

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
TDIFest 2016 logo:

Click on the thumbnail for a larger version of the image.

This year's t-shirt is a special design that incorporates all of the logo designs from all previous TDIFests:

Click on the thumbnail for a larger version of the image.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Does anybody make t-shirt ink that breathes? Every time I put on a Fest shirt, I wind up with a soaking wet back.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Very nice job on the logo. The t-shirt looks good to.

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
Speaking of shirts, I'm sending up some Meyerhoff Auto Haus shirts with aj8888 this year as a general contribution. Y'all can decide to use them however you want.

I ran out of these a few years ago but I was pressured into printing more by some of my former customers who claimed that it was their favorite shirt of all time. ��

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Speaking of shirts, I'm sending up some Meyerhoff Auto Haus shirts with aj8888 this year as a general contribution. Y'all can decide to use them however you want.

I ran out of these a few years ago but I was pressured into printing more by some of my former customers who claimed that it was their favorite shirt of all time. ��
Half my glassware is your pint glasses. Maybe I need some shirts too.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Does anybody make t-shirt ink that breathes? Every time I put on a Fest shirt, I wind up with a soaking wet back.
Yes! We're actually having the shirts printed with ink this year, instead of the screen printing that we've done in previous years.

This process has several benefits. The shirts breathe better, they're full-color, and the ink won't crack with wear and tear. The downside is that you have to use light colored shirts for the image colors to be correct. We thought this was a good trade-off, and this year's shirts will be light gray or white, depending on if you pre-ordered or are purchasing on-site.

No more sweaty backs! :)

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke

runonbeer

TDI
I will be sending up a couple of cases of pint glasses with member mslaptoptx as well. Again, just for handout fodder or whatever the organizers wish to do with them.

Nash_TDI, out of curiosity where did you acquire your Meyerhoff pint glasses? Previous Fest? I remember that I sent some stuff up in '11

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I will be sending up a couple of cases of pint glasses with member mslaptoptx as well. Again, just for handout fodder or whatever the organizers wish to do with them.

Nash_TDI, out of curiosity where did you acquire your Meyerhoff pint glasses? Previous Fest? I remember that I sent some stuff up in '11
Thanks for the goodies! We will probably raffle a few off in addition to selling them at the merchandise table. :cool:

Here in Texas it really makes little difference what kind of shirt you're wearing.
Your back is going to get sweaty.:D
I've always wanted to come to a Fest, it just never seems to work out.
It's just a quick 1,400 mile trip north! ;) Perhaps next time.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Lexington Fest I think. I ended up with 2 sets of 4 from either a raffle, and or auction.

runonbeer

TDI
Wow, score.

For 5 consecutive years fest always happened while I was still fishing in AK. Once I quit that I got married and had kids. Got a 2 year old and a 3 month old right now. Not the best time to jump in the Golf for a road trip. Maybe someday.

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Yes. For that type of printing the shirts have to be white...or nearly white, or the colors are muted.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Sigh, I so wish I could go. I want one of these shirts bad but with mama's class schedule and our new addition, it's just not going to happen. Sweet looking shirts, wish they were for sale without attendance!!

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
I'm sitting here without my glasses and I saw (and now can't un-see) a different image in the fest logo as reproduced in low-resolution in VeeDubTDI's avatar.

I see the brown back side of a horse, with a white tail and the 20 and 16 become the back of the rear legs.

Maybe it's the failing eyesight, maybe it's the beer, maybe its the farm up the street that spread manure this afternoon, or maybe it's just me being my usual me.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Sounds like you're having an exciting afternoon. :eek: ;)

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
I'm sitting here without my glasses and I saw (and now can't un-see) a different image in the fest logo as reproduced in low-resolution in VeeDubTDI's avatar.

I see the brown back side of a horse, with a white tail and the 20 and 16 become the back of the rear legs.

Maybe it's the failing eyesight, maybe it's the beer, maybe its the farm up the street that spread manure this afternoon, or maybe it's just me being my usual me.
OMG!!! I see it too!!!!