2010 JSW post-fix

osxuser

TDI
2010 JSW 6spd. 2004 Jetta 1.9PD 5spd
Hey y’all, just wanted to share my experience with my new-to-me 2010 JSW. Bought it from a lot a month ago for $6700 with 117k on the clock. Fix done in December of 2017 with 105k on it. I verified with VW that it had the extended warranty prior to purchase.

On the way home, cel came on. Bank A below expected threshold. EGR flow. Reset both codes, drove it another few hundred miles. Codes came back, and MPGs were well below expectations.

I am halfway between Lancaster and Bakersfield dealerships. I had heard not so great things about the Lancaster service department, so I schedule an appointment at Bakersfield. 2.5 hours waiting for word, and they came back as needs a DPF and filter. They gave me a 2018 Passat SE and sent me onnmy way.

A week later I picked the car up. No questions asked about warrranty, loaner, and zero hassle. No CEL after 1000 miles and MPG’s up a little. Still going to chase down some other issues to get the mileage up where it should be, but I’m a happy camper.

CDubber

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta SportWagen TDI
Nice, brand new DPF! I sold back my ‘10 with 110k miles on the clock (6-spd manual in Salsa Red) in December 2016. I assumed it ended up in the crusher as I have yet to see a single ‘10 buyback in my local market. I’m glad to know maybe my car is still out there, somewhere, carrying some lucky driver from Point A to Point B. It was the best car I’ve ever owned.

tdi54

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Rabbit Diesel(sold), 2009 Jetta TDI MT(sold)2010 Jetta TDI MT, 2015 Jetta TDI SEL, DSG, 99 Ford F 350 PSD Dually, 2016 BMW X5 xDrive35d, 2016 535d
I still have my 2010 Jetta TDI bought brand new and now with 217K on the odometer. The car drives like I bought it yesterday. I am glad I avoided the buyback since I was hesitant on returning it to VW for long time.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Nice, brand new DPF! I sold back my ‘10 with 110k miles on the clock (6-spd manual in Salsa Red) in December 2016. I assumed it ended up in the crusher as I have yet to see a single ‘10 buyback in my local market. I’m glad to know maybe my car is still out there, somewhere, carrying some lucky driver from Point A to Point B. It was the best car I’ve ever owned.

I agree with you. I thought anything older than a 2012 or 2013 and/or over 100k miles would get crushed. They seem to be fixing and selling more of them than I expected.