Individuals who CURB sell their old stock, rather than trade it in

nokivasara

Veteran Member
TDI
Tiguan 4-motion, Golf mk7
Pretty weird thread, almost like an ad for an ad...
If you have annual inspections over there it would be of my interest when it's due for it's next inspection. Or maybe when it last passed one.
Other than that I only need to know it's price (nothing else than the price, no comparison to what others are selling for, I can check that myself) total mileage and a phone number.
Upload as many pictures as allowed, be sure to have a clean detailed car and it should attract some interest.
If not, it's too expensive.
The only thing your ad needs to do is to get someone to call/email you, nothing else. Less is more in this case, you don't have to get it all out in the ad, tell them over the phone instead.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Many people buy at the dealer due to their need for financing. Many others buy from private sellers due to the lower cost and cash only deals. It is generally much harder to sell an expensive car yourself due to these two factors. Especially when the title still has a bank lien on it. If I were you I would clear the lien first so I had the title in my hand at the time of sale. I have lived the experience of paying off the title only to then have the seller balk at signing over the title, while in the bank.

Proof read your ad and have someone else do it as well (your teacher wife for example).

If you price it too high you will get little to no response. If you relist it lower later those who saw it the first time will probably pass as you now look desperate. I have found pricing it reasonably so that it sells with in a week is best. Stay on the listing too long and everyone reading ignores it from then on. CL will mark the ad read so they generally won't read it again.

Not allowing someone to personally test drive the car will also run people off. I always go with them in the right front seat. There is no way for them to properly evaluate how the car drives without them driving it. If they are licensed and insured and don't look like a scumbag, they should have a chance. There are some exceptions to this rule but your car doesn't fit any of them.

Your ad reads exactly as a dealer impostor or curb stoner as you called it. Make it sound more personable than professional, and short and to the point. If you don't get many calls in 2 days you are asking too much.

Of course it is your car and you can do what you want. You may be able to hold out for that one in a million buyer to come along. My interest has always been to move the car quickly at a reasonable price and profit. Trying to extract every last penny has proven tedious and sometimes a losing proposition.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Pretty weird thread, almost like an ad for an ad...
First thanks for your post.

..... I plead guilty to being weird :p -- by drawing some different folks, I (sometimes) learn:eek:

If you have annual inspections over there it would be of my interest when it's due for it's next inspection. Or maybe when it last passed one.
Okies have no inspections. Gave that *&^%^&#$%^% years ago :D

Other than that I only need to know it's price (nothing else than the price, no comparison to what others are selling for, I can check that myself) total mileage and a phone number.
Noted

Upload as many pictures as allowed, be sure to have a clean detailed car and it should attract some interest.
I generally shoot dozens of original shots, then cut down to the best 12 - 24.

The only thing your ad needs to do is to get someone to call/email you, nothing else. Less is more in this case, you don't have to get it all out in the ad, tell them over the phone instead.
agreed