11/6/17, can't schedule 3.0 fix...surprised.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
I'm so very surprised that VW isn't keeping their word in regards to the 3.0 fix. I called three different dealerships today attempting to schedule the fix for my 14 Touareg. Nope, no parts, no stickers...cant schedule.

Oh, and the word is that this isn't going to be a 3 hour tour, dealerships are authorized a full day to complete the repair.

Color me surprised... :rolleyes:

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
I'm scheduled for this Friday for our Touareg. I asked for and am receiving a loaner. They told me that it should only take 2.5 hours, but I'm entitled to the loaner and they want to make sure that they have enough time since this is a new process.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm scheduled for this Friday for our Touareg. I asked for and am receiving a loaner. They told me that it should only take 2.5 hours, but I'm entitled to the loaner and they want to make sure that they have enough time since this is a new process.
Maybe an East Coast/West Coast thing? Have you confirmed that they actually have the parts?

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
Well, I haven't gone there in person to see them for myself, but today's call was a follow up. I scheduled it last week and they weren't sure they could do it because they didn't have the bulletin yet. I'm assuming that they'll have parts by Friday if they don't already.

Actually, I have no idea what the fix entails. Are there actual parts or is it just software? As you can see I'm going in eyes wide open, ha ha. With 125k on the odometer I just want to get into that emissions extended warranty before anything bad happens (knocking on wood continuously).

bhuizer

TDI
2014 Toureg TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI, Past: 2012 Touareg TDI, 2012 Jetta TDI
I think I'm going to wait this one out a bit before scheduling mine.

bhuizer

TDI
2014 Toureg TDI, 2014 Q5 TDI, Past: 2012 Touareg TDI, 2012 Jetta TDI
Let us know how it goes!

Syndicate

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Q7 TDI Sline, 09 335d
Just picked up my Q7 milking the last of the bridge warranty... Dealer's not sure when they can start, they had a conference call on Friday about the software and parts, but hasn't received anything or the instructions.

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L
Scheduled 4 Porsches today, all but one are Gen 2.1, so will get a loaner. Set the appointments late in the day so they are unlikely to finish until the next day - loaner at my local dealer is either a 718 Cayman (potentially S) or Macan S. Should be fun.

Was also able to schedule 2 Audis and a VW. Who knows if they will be able to do the fixes when they say, but all 3 dealers allowed me to schedule and said they would be ready on my appointment dates (next week).

Last edited:

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
I got a booklet in the mail last night. It said that we are owed a loaner for this fix. It said that the fix should take about 3 hours. I did find anything about new parts so I think it is a software fix only.

It said that we get an ad blue top off AND a full tank of fuel so be sure to bring your cars in on empty!

Also it said that mileage may go down by 1 mpg. It said Adblue use may go up by 40%! But at least there are "free top offs" for the life of the 4 year/48k mile extended emissions warranty (or 10 year/120k miles from new).

I'm pretty happy about everything that the extended warranty covers. They explicitly say the entire emissions system, fuel system and turbo. But it really sounds like anything that throws a check engine light should be covered. That makes me feel better about our high mileage rig which will be covered up to about 170k miles.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Mine is scheduled for today. My dealership has 1 parts kit in stock for mine.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
I wonder what is in the parts kit. Maybe its just stickers! The guide book said that they add two new labels under the hood to state that it is re-certified to meet emissions.

ujames

TDI
YES
My appointment is confirmed for Nov 14th and noted as "factory recall 23V501".
Do we get an oil change, AdBlue and diesel fuel refill as part of the recall?

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes to the AdBlue and diesel fuel refill (which is odd to me). I don't think that I saw anything about an oil change. If there is then maybe I'll put ours off for another 6k miles when its actually due for an oil change. Does anyone have their booklet handy? I'll check mine tonight.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
I haven't heard about an oil change. Just the fuel and DEF.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
I think I'm going to wait this one out a bit before scheduling mine.
I am too on the one I'm driving.

Scheduled 4 Porsches today, all but one are Gen 2.1, so will get a loaner. Set the appointments late in the day so they are unlikely to finish until the next day - loaner at my local dealer is either a 718 Cayman (potentially S) or Macan S. Should be fun.

Was also able to schedule 2 Audis and a VW. Who knows if they will be able to do the fixes when they say, but all 3 dealers allowed me to schedule and said they would be ready on my appointment dates (next week).
Getting ready to flood the market are we. :)

Nash_TDI

TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Well I just left the dealer after an hour. Was turned away. The parts manager ran my VIN this morning and said the recall was open. Parts are still in stock and include a cat, some sensor, adblue refill. Going to get the full list later.

After all the check in and rental car stuff, they ran my car through the claims portal and due to my VIN or Claim number I was declined. Dealer was given a number to call and said there is an issue specific to my car/VIN. I have already participated in the participation payment, and received the fix email.

Ironically the Adblue warning came on when I left the dealer.

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
Well I just left the dealer after an hour. Was turned away. The parts manager ran my VIN this morning and said the recall was open. Parts are still in stock and include a cat, some sensor, adblue refill. Going to get the full list later.

After all the check in and rental car stuff, they ran my car through the claims portal and due to my VIN or Claim number I was declined. Dealer was given a number to call and said there is an issue specific to my car/VIN. I have already participated in the participation payment, and received the fix email.

Well that gives me something to look forward to! That line from the dealer about the claims portal kind of sounds bogus doesn't it? My dealer told me that they needed my claim number to schedule it so maybe they've already checked mine, but I doubt it.

Nash_TDI

TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Well if you have been to the dealer for participation payment you know they use a tablet and enter all this in the portal. I watched them multiple times enter both my VIN and Claim number and saw the error message and phone number to call. I originally made the call and they started asking for the dealer number etc so I gave the phone back to the service manager.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI

And this is the kind of BS that doesn't surprise anyone. UGH!

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
Well that gives me something to look forward to! That line from the dealer about the claims portal kind of sounds bogus doesn't it? My dealer told me that they needed my claim number to schedule it so maybe they've already checked mine, but I doubt it.
Odd, the dealership that scheduled me for a tentative appointment didn't ask for a claim number, she just verified that it was eligible using the VIN.

IFRCFI

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg TDI Lux
4th on the waiting list at Stohlman (Northern VA) for a call back to schedule appointment in "a couple of weeks". Service Advisor said service will take 6 hours. They requested I bring "claim number" with me for the appointment.

2013 2.1

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
Just picked up my Q7 milking the last of the bridge warranty... Dealer's not sure when they can start, they had a conference call on Friday about the software and parts, but hasn't received anything or the instructions.
When does the bridge warranty expire? I thought that it expired when the fix was approved.

Nash_TDI

TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
And this is the kind of BS that doesn't surprise anyone. UGH!
I received some feedback by calling in myself. (Very long wait today on the phone lines) I think it all goes back to multiple claims on my vehicle. I bought the car kinda late 6/12/17. Some delays with my claims early on took 2 months form forms to 1/2 participation payment. But no issues when I took the car into the dealer for inspection.

Also book time is 7 hours. Did the PDF document not say it was 3?

Last edited:

kerlyb

TDI
2015 Touareg
So far the above issues mostly seem to be related to SUV 2.1. Anyone have issues scheduling SUV 2.2 repairs?

Greg5OH

Vendor
TDI
13 Q7
Should be having the fix done to my 13 Q7 tomorrow. I have a claim open from last week for an engien compartment exhaust leak under bridge warranty.
Somewhere un catalyzed emissions are escaping near the left rear of the engine, possibly EGR? We shall see.
First will be to pinpoint source of the leak, and then see if the new hardware goes anywhere near it. If so that will make things go a bit smoother and less trips to the dealer i thinks. Driving in on low fuel to get my free tank of diesel though!

Syndicate

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Q7 TDI Sline, 09 335d
When does the bridge warranty expire? I thought that it expired when the fix was approved.
Expired yesterday (Nov 6th) according to others on an Audi forum; parts were supposed to be available today (Nov 7th) so that was the date of which curtailed the Bridge. I dropped my car off for service on Oct 25th, trying to find all the bugs I could for one last go.

Fourplay

, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2014 A8L
Getting ready to flood the market are we. :)
Hah, basically.

We have a couple that are "pre sold" pending a fix and the remaining 6 SUVs will hopefully be gone before the Gen 2 PC fix is released.

If anyone is looking for a higher mileage Cayenne or a medium mileage Q7, I'm your guy, haha.

Gen 2 PCs are going to be a PITA - we have 17. :rolleyes: