Hevster1 Grand reopening RE-OPENING NEW LOCATION! Montague NJ!

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Ok, New things;
Malone tuning dealer
Interstate Battery dealer
Southbend Clutch dealer including the Silent flywheel ones.
Tire dealer for just about everything.

If you call and get the machine, please leave a message. I have been super busy lately and am booked into June.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Oh and BTW, I already have a brand new Robinair machine and Snap on tire service. As always check outs are free. If someone tries to sell you an "A/C service special" they are ripping you off. A/c systems are sealed and require NO service unless they leak or a component fails. I see these coupons all the time from Firestone and certain other questionable sources.

Don't forget:
Hunter Alignment @ 69.95
DSG Service using OEM Fluid & Filter-179.95
These are regular everyday prices. ALL of my prices are very reasonable. Try me and see!

For those in the area, I stock lots of parts. If you are in a jam, give me a yell and perhaps I can help.

Last edited:

blackty

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta tdi (sold)--2005 Jetta 2.5 Tiptronic---1993 GMC Typhoon---2003 2500HD Silverado---2012 WRX Wagon
Run with it and take no prisoners. You are a real go-getter, nicely done...Jim

dj7373

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI (5 speed), 2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
Can't wait to get my southbend stage 2 next week and my re-tune for the VNT17!!

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
Big thanks to Mike for bailing me out on a 2009 CR water pump yesterday..

The pump that came in the timing belt kit (customer brought) was for a 2.0T gasser.. Not cool when someone drives 3 hours to have their timing belt done and it's all torn apart haha..

blackty

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta tdi (sold)--2005 Jetta 2.5 Tiptronic---1993 GMC Typhoon---2003 2500HD Silverado---2012 WRX Wagon

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ya... Everything else in the kit was correct.. It was a kit from one of the reputable vendors here.. The part numbers on the box are very close (same number, different letter on the end), so I can see how easy it was for someone to pull the wrong pump from inventory and package it..

Hansgruber

TDI
2006 TDI
Mike thanks for the TB change and good times!

I am on a mission to make my cam last over 150k! Either way you will be the one working on it.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
I appreciate all the kind words and great feedback. As most of my customers already know, I go the extra mile for them always.
Thank you for your business, now and in the future.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Please note; I will be away this coming weekend, 6/9-6/10 on my annual pilgrimage to NH. I will also be closed on 6/23 for my 50th birthday! I do have vacation coming up in July as well. I will post it as soon as I get the dates from the wife.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
For those in search of a starter, PM me or e-mail. I have a great source for Bosch re-man at 175.00 + core. Local area only please, I need to send back a core.

dj7373

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI (5 speed), 2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
I appreciate all the kind words and great feedback. As most of my customers already know, I go the extra mile for them always.
Thank you for your business, now and in the future.

Mike, did you post this knowing what my Jetta had in-store for you?

So everyone knows I had Mike instal my new Stage II endurance SBC, 3 bar MAP, up me to a Malone custom stage 4 this past week (all to go with the VNT 17 I installed). Well that was the plan anyway. Because of a few speed bumps along the way I also got a rear main seal, clutch fork, a heliacoil for my oil plug, and to top it off a new inter-cooler (stock) because one of the MAP screws decided it wanted to be dead and burred where it was in the inter-cooler. And as always he did it for a very reasonable price!

Mike you went way more then just an extra mile to get my car done knowing that I needed it to drive to Montreal this weekend (F1 Race!) and it was worth the wait! The clutch petal is much lighter then I expected and so smooth during engagement and the car just wants to go go go! And don't worry I already ordered the boost valve ;).

As always THANK YOU!!!:D

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Something new:
I recently purchased a commercial headlight refinishing kit. I tried it out yesterday and I was amazed at the results. I am now offering this at 75.00 for a pair of headlights. I will be posting up some before and after shots soon.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I have really good luck with 1000grit sandpaper, some 3M compound, and the buffer... We have all the materials and buffer already since we detail cars so I never sprung for one of the commercial kits..

One of these days I'll try a glass lens install and see how that goes..

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
Another thumbs up for Mike, he did an alignment on the 99.5 finally got the steering wheel straight which no other alignment shop I brought it to seemed capable of doing. He took the time and explained the whole process to me which is a rarity for mechanics today. Great guy and great prices.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
I have really good luck with 1000grit sandpaper, some 3M compound, and the buffer... We have all the materials and buffer already since we detail cars so I never sprung for one of the commercial kits..

One of these days I'll try a glass lens install and see how that goes..
Biggest problem is getting them to stay that way. They look good at first but then rapidly go back to the way they were. They need to be re coated so they will stay clear.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
Something else new:
As soon as I get in touch with the State of Confusion aka NJ, I will be taking the plunge and becoming a Emissions Repair Facility. This should take about 60 days so stay tuned.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The kit I purchased included a clear coat. I will even warranty their finish for a year.

I was going to ask if the setup you use has any sort of clearcoat.. I've hit the lenses with new clear when I had the spray gun set up, and they came out really nice.. Rattle can clear turns yellow in a month LOL..

That's a good deal for $75 with it warranted for a year.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Another thumbs up for Mike, he did an alignment on the 99.5 finally got the steering wheel straight which no other alignment shop I brought it to seemed capable of doing. He took the time and explained the whole process to me which is a rarity for mechanics today. Great guy and great prices.

You were 2 miles away and you didn't stop and say HI?

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
You were 2 miles away and you didn't stop and say HI?
I didn't think you would want me wasting your time.:p

I kinda pressed for time that day anyway. Just barely showed up in time(stupid GPS) to find Mike behind on his work and then left quite of bit later than I wanted to. Pouring rain the whole way too made for a fun day....

I'll drop by the next time I go through Port Jervis again. The 04 is probably going to need an alignment too soon after I do some suspension work on it

silverstick

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS (160K miles), and '05 Jetta GLS wagon (120K)
Thanks for taking care of me yesterday, Mike. I normally don't bring you the small stuff like oil changes and wheel rotations, but I've been so sick I could barely lift a finger, much less turn a wrench. I still can't believe what a good price you charged.

I was also glad to see your shop for the first time. You've put a lot of time and money into it, and you deserve to be very proud of what you've done there -- and what you do every day for your customers. Congratulations.

You were right about Steve's shakes -- great stuff. I went with the blueberry, which he had just gotten in from Maine.

See you soon, for a timing belt and some parking brake cables on the sedan.

Last edited:

silverstick

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta GLS (160K miles), and '05 Jetta GLS wagon (120K)
The blueberry kicked ass!
On my next visit, maybe I'll stop by Steve's on the way and get some shakes and brisket -- you said he did pretty well with that too, I think.

What's the name of his place again? Chili-something?