2012 JSW clutch pedal to floor

robp

TDI
05 jetta wagon
Worked fine parked over night next morning my clutch goes straight to floor. No resistance at all it will pop down to floor and than pop back up when I move it by hand. Checked brake fluid and it is same level it always is. Anything else I can do to diagnose this issue? Thank you

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Been seeing alot of these threads with the weather change. Seems to be slave cylendar issues.

ihatespeed

Veteran Member
TDI
11 tdi wagon 6mt 15 golf 6mt (Wife's) 2000 Ford 350 7.3l 6mt 4x4 (technically a TDI)
You might look at the weep hole at the bottom of the bell housing, see if any fluids coming out, failed slave will leak like a sieve, nowhere for the fluid to go but into the bell housing.. so by that logic if you are not using any brake fluid, you probably have a top (master cyl) end issue..

robp

TDI
05 jetta wagon
It is the slave cylinder unfortunately. I've been looking for any diy articles but haven't come across anything may have to take it to a shop not sure I have the confidence to tackle it without some guidance. Any idea what a shop would charge for this? I've got several good tdi mechanics in the area

ihatespeed

Veteran Member
TDI
11 tdi wagon 6mt 15 golf 6mt (Wife's) 2000 Ford 350 7.3l 6mt 4x4 (technically a TDI)
the slave cyl is integral to the throw out bearing so plan on the work to get a clutch done, minus the clutch and flywheel of course.. but for the peace of mind Id spend the bucks and replace the flywheel and clutch while you are in there, moneys in the labor, not so much the parts

icrashcars

TDI
B5 A4
I had the same issue. Parts + labor at a small indy cost me approx $1200.
I replaced the clutch, flywheel, slave, master and seals.