head light bulbs

wilder11354

TDI
2014 SE passat 6dsg
okay, so i just put in some Sylvania extra vision bulbs in my low beam side of headlights. Really easy. Gonna go for a drive once sunsets down. Cars 5 years old, know head lights lose intensity with time. Wanted something a bit whiter than standard bulbs. Will post in a bit how they work. Easy to do with twist lock encapsulated style bases.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Another choice is osram night breaker laser in both low and high. they are quite white.

Lex Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
deauto led. Got a recommendation from a few people here on the site. Plug and play (no extra wiring like many cheap amazo/ebay led replacements), i have been very pleased with these, not cheap but lifetime replacement. Had mine for about a year and very glad for the upgrade.

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
Last edited:

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Something about buying head light bulbs off amazon just irks me as rebandaged cheap crap.

Maybe it's all the amzaon google power they wield, first 15 items i look at on google come up as amazon listed products that rubs me the wrong way.

I may make a trip to Advanced Auto and use one of their cupons. Bonus points if anyone can find some Made in NH auto bulbls, they are out there, but my guess is they are catering direct to OEM housing manufactures.

https://www.osram.us/cb/press/press...first_us_based_led_module_production_line.jsp

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
Well my Trump MAGA hat is awesome from amazon:D..yes there is junk there.. I always look at the reviews...so far NOT disappointed on several buys there..ebay is no different, just have to use common sense..buy alot for vintage cars on ebay AND Amazon for the shop.. lots of vendors I use sell on both

Last edited:

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel

wilder11354

TDI
2014 SE passat 6dsg
I purchased these around a year ago and have been very happy with them. No one has ever flashed their high beams at me, so they greatly enhance the low beams, but have not caused discomfort to oncoming traffic. You can't use the dust covers with them, but they pretty much fill the hole the dust cover was created to cover, so I'm not too worried.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074M65X87/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

No issues with flutter or bulb out symbol on instrument cluster?

BroncoAZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Touareg Lux, 2015 Passat 6MT, 2009 Jetta (long gone), 2011 Touareg (bought back 02/18)
I run the deautokey drop in HID kit in my low beams, awesome light and no issues in almost 2 years now. I really need a LED solution for the high beams, my incandescent are a disappointment every time I pull the stalk.

Lex Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
No issues with flutter or bulb out symbol on instrument cluster?
again de auto has a lifetime warranty, if they go out he send you a new pair... the link shows a one year warranty for 100 bucks, de auto is 144 plus they usually have 10-15% off deals. I did the daytime runners and the reg headlights and have very impressed with them. And since i drive my cars forever a lifetime warranty is pretty good backing...

All led have a couple second flutter and then they are good to go. I've never had a error since installing mine.