Uploading photos to the TDI Club Photo Gallery

phaser

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD - 490k
Followed Andy's instructions, and all I get is a "Server IO Error" as usual.

panthers89fan90

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI
I'm taking a few shots in the dark here. I work on computers for a living and having a compatible browser is definitely something to look at. Not all browsers are built the same. They all act differently. Make sure you are using FireFox or Chrome or a big name browser. Also, some issues stem from not having Java or an updated version of Java. I've never uploaded anything to the photo gallery, but I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
At Step 2 in my instructional post, I just did an Edit to advise the need to log-in ... using your user name and password!

Sorry about that!

phaser

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta PD - 490k
Yes, I log in and I use the latest Firefox.

I can upload photos to other places but not here. I used to be able to but not anymore.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Apple has revised their photo file format. " HEIC is the file format name Apple has chosen for the new HEIF standard. HEIF stands for High Efficiency Image Format, and, as the name suggests, is a more streamlined way of storing image files."

The new ones end in ***.HEIC Has anyone found a way to post photos on here using that newer format? Thanks.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
You'll want to convert the files.
As it says on the Upload page, acceptable formats are
jpg,jpeg,png,gif
mpeg,mpg,avi,asf,wmv,mov,pdf,doc,xls,xlsx

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
You'll want to convert the files.
As it says on the Upload page, acceptable formats are
jpg,jpeg,png,gif
mpeg,mpg,avi,asf,wmv,mov,pdf,doc,xls,xlsx
Thanks. I'm resistful. Hehe.

I wonder if the new format will acceptable sometime soon. In my readings, it's the way photos are going.