road trip to NC and mini-GTG in VA ?

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
well, it seems i'm driving out from MN to NC late feb. most likely it will be feb 26-29 when i'm there. driving my gf's brother out for a conference, he doesn't like to fly (and neither do i). i'll be driving to elon, NC. i'm thinking mini-gtg around arlington, VA.... :D

anyone interested check in here or drop by tdiclubchat

lowboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf; 2002 Jetta; 1998 Dodge Cummins 2500
Also Elon?

You could have a second mini-GTG in Elon. There are several members close by.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I'm interested. I'm going stir-crazy sitting here in the frozen North (I know I shouldn't complain, burpod).

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Hey, might be a good day to go to J&E and get a dyno on the new, improved IBW. Interested, burpod?

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
still too early to have a dyno day. lets wait until april. but i might be able to meet up for a lil gtg.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
I want to go to the same dyno for a before (got that) and after. So perhaps I can do both...

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Ah,

Thanks for the note, Peter. I never would have looked for a VA GTG in THIS folder. I never come in here since my region is in another folder. Anyway, count me in if it's during the week. Weekends up here are a little tough since I spend my weekends in SE VA. I'll keep an eye on this and firm up plans when you're more certain of a date.

Take Care,

Scott

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
so currently the plan is to leave the 24th, arrive in elon evening of the 25th, and heading back to MN friday (the first?) so i would be thinking the GTG could be monday, tues, or wed (sunday and thurs won't work)... suggestions of exactly where to have the GTG would be appreciated...

lowboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf; 2002 Jetta; 1998 Dodge Cummins 2500
Elon places

There used to be a small resturant in Elon that was pretty good. I'll see if I can track that down. If not, there's all manner of things in Burlington.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
well, blah :( turns out the person i'm driving didn't tell his company in time and just found out they already booked him a flight/etc, so i won't be driving out to NC on the 24th. :eek: and i can't justify/afford driving all that way just for the heck of it - too bad, i was kinda looking forward to the trip. you guys can go ahead and plan a GTG if you want anyways :) oh well....