Audi A4 1.9 2004 B6 won't start

Oupakie

TDI
Audi A4 Tdi 1.9 B6 2004
Hi everyone. I owned an Audi A4 1.9 2004 and while I was driving it went off by its self and glowplug light is flashing and engine light is on. It's cranking but don't want to start. What might be the problem. There is no diagnostics tool in the town where the car experience this problem.

Oupakie

TDI
Audi A4 Tdi 1.9 B6 2004
I went through your post and looks promising. I will only get time to work on the car on the 14 December. For now I ordered a new diesel pump and it will take 4 working days to reach Namibia from South Africa. Since I don't have access to the diagnostic tools I will buy new relays as well. I m so stressed.

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
A simple OBDII scanner is pretty cheap. If you can afford a fuel pump (the costliest part you could throw at this problem - blindly, it seems) then you can afford a scanner that will allow you to view and clear codes. A scanner could pay for itself in needlessly replaced parts!

Oupakie

TDI
Audi A4 Tdi 1.9 B6 2004
The Fuel pump pressure was low when I manually tested it and its the original pump that came with the car since 2004. With 250 000km on it, I think its time to replace it. STDDOUT can you please provide me with a link where I can but an OBDII Scanner. Here in Namibia, it's hard to get one.

Oupakie

TDI
Audi A4 Tdi 1.9 B6 2004
STDOBT your advice of buying a diagnostic machine save me money. I got a scanner and the problem was a crankshaft sensors. Luckily I was having a spare one in the car. Car is running fine. It's clock 245km/h