Car-Net Health Report Incorrect?

bertimus2002

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
I just picked up my TDI from the dealer for the DSG and Fuel filter service. All good there and no lights on the dash, BUT Car-Net just said there is something with the ESC that needs service.

No lights on dash or any drivability problems.

Safe to assume Car-Net is not trustworthy if there are no lights or issues in car itself?

Thanks!

2014 Passat TDI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Vcds. It's the software you need with the rosstech cable. All others are vastly inferior.

bertimus2002

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
I’m inclined to not trust Car-Net based on what I’ve read plus no lights or anything on the dash itself.

We’ve put 500 miles on the car. I’m wondering if they had the battery off while doing the DSG service and it just needs to settle back down.

I don’t have VCDS as I’ve only had the car a week.

bertimus2002

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
Here’s what Car-Net says, but again, no lights on car at all.

I’ll call the dealer Monday, but if it needs to go in, CPO Warranty will hopefully help cover it with deductible.

JesseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Premium package
Looks like bs to me. But if you can get a vw dealer to look at it (and not charge you a diagnostic fee) to give you piece of mind then more power to ya.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
If they won’t check it for free, the visit to the dealer will likely exceed the cost of VCDS or be darn close.

A scan with VCDS will tell you if anything is actually wrong, and is well worth it if you have a VW or Audi. I wish something similar existed for other makes.

bertimus2002

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
What I’m wondering is if I unplug the module under the front passenger seat if that will ‘reset’ it since there’s no other lights on dash at all?

Or that will just create more of a mess I don’t want?

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
If you just drove the car, without using that car net thing, everything would seem fine, right?

I would ditch the car net and just drive unless something appears to not work correctly.

Without VCDS, you’re wasting your time and might be worrying over nothing.

bertimus2002

TDI
2014 Passat TDI
If you just drove the car, without using that car net thing, everything would seem fine, right?

I would ditch the car net and just drive unless something appears to not work correctly.

Without VCDS, you’re wasting your time and might be worrying over nothing.

Yeah, nothing drives weird at all. No lights, great gas mileage and stopping power.