VAG-COM and Injection Pump help in Oakland, CA ?

JPuck

Hi all! I've got a 2002 TDI Golf (Upsoluted) and have never gotten about 40mpg on it on highways or otherwise /images/graemlins/frown.gif It's a 5 spd and I've tried driving it every which way... I need to use a Vag-com to check the mechanical timing and if it needs adjustment, I need to do so. I emailed a couple of people in the vagcom list and got no reply. Does anyone around here live in the bay area and want to help me? I'll supply the beer and whatever else. I could probably do the adjustment myself if I had a vagcom, but would obviously rather have someone help.

Thanks, all!

jaydhall

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE, 1999 NB, 1999.5 Jetta GLS, 2004 Jetta
I might be visiting my sister this summer if you still need help then.. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I guess it is too late for you to drive to Colorado for skiing! Good luck finding someone.

Ian46

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI DSG Premium with NAV
Go to meetings/gatherings forum and look under west coast. There will be a TB change GTG maybe May 1st or 2nd. There well be a number of people there with vag-coms for sure. necassary for TB change /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ian46

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI DSG Premium with NAV
Plus you could meet some of the members in your area. We would be happy to see you there!

Reggie

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 White Jetta 5spd
I live in Hollister but make it up to Fremont several times a week. I have a VAG-COM. I need my injection timing adjusted also, just haven't got around to it yet.

Reggie

JPuck

Ian46, thanks for the heads-up on the GTG! I responded to that thread because it definitely would be cool to meet some other TDI folk and I'd be happy to contribute some munchies in exchange for some help! I hope some more people respond because that could be a nice GTG.

Reggie, thanks for the reply. If you think you're going to be in fremont before the beginning of May and you'll be there in early evening or on a weekend, shoot me an email /images/graemlins/smile.gif Maybe we could attempt the adjustment on our cars together.