Suggestions on post emission fix and parts replaced

Yai

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, 2014 Touareg- R Line
Hi,

If I can get some suggestions/feedback. Been having some issues After emissions fix, and been back to the dealer 5 times, approx 5k miles since the fox. The following parts were replaced in order of events.

Updated intercooler (water in intercooler that caused no start)
-DPF
-exhaust pressure sensor
-Intercooler hoses and they cleaned the egr cooler
-CEL returned so they replaced Egr cooler

Also see background here:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=484179

The car was running good for 5k miles since egr cooler replaced, as the last fix. But car is now back at the dealer, and diagnosed with P2002 code (DPF-insufficient flow). Service advisor mentioned they will test check the car and EGR filter will be replaced, it was replaced during emission fix, but may need to be replaced as was not replaced after egr cooler and dpf was clogged. They will be keeping my car and check the dpf and egr and will go from there.

I want to keep the car, but not so confident CEL won’t return. Any ideas on what the cause would be? I can’t imagine DPF needing to be replaced again? I wanted to get the Malone stage 1 or 2, but all these issues I’ve had is stopping me. I don’t want to void the additional warranty from the emession fix.

Thoughts..suggestions?

Yai

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, 2014 Touareg- R Line
How is your driving pattern? Short trip, long trip?
I commute 80 miles a day, and mostly on small back country roads.

The service advisor called me today, and VW tech line is telling them to replace the EGR filter and the DPF again, after they ran through all their tests.