Any Recommendations for Reasonably Priced Accomodations At/Near the Beach?

Ric Woodruff

BANNED, Ric went to Coventry.
With my wife & kids most likely coming, it would be good to find a place near (within a block or two from) the beach. Has anyone else made reservations for such a location or have suggestions for a nice, reasonably priced "mom & pop" type motel??? Thanks.

------------------
Ric Woodruff

1998 Jetta TDI Sport

osidak

Veteran Member
TDI
'17 BRZ Limited PP
Ric,
I thought you already had the Hilton booked. If not Dr. Dodge must give up his slot. I just got back from Wilmington and I stayed at the Hilton. Great place, nice views of the Cape Fear river and battleship and also you are in the meat of things down town. You will be about 20 minutes from Wrightsville Beach and about 25 minutes from Carolina or Kure beach. I am trying to line up some block parking for us so we can park in mass.

Omar

Ric Woodruff

I don't think the wife and kids will want to be with me 100% of the time during the Fest, so being near the beach would be nice.

No suggestions???

Thanks.

valois

Banned
The most reasonable that I can think of is a cave located near Fort Fisher, where a hermit used to live, until someone killed him. It's free.

Seriously, there are several beachside motels from the 50's located at Carolina beach, I do not know their names and I doubt they are listed on the internet, but if you did a search of motels for Carolina Beach yellowpages you could call a few.

Ric Woodruff

We are staying at the Sandstep Motel at Carolina Beach ( www.sandstep.com ). $95.00 per nite for an efficiency room, and it is right near the beach. There is a 3 nite minimum for Labor Day weekend.

------------------
Ric Woodruff

One Damn Good Biermeister

1998 Jetta TDI Sport