New Golf Wagen S home !

RichF

TDI
2015 Golf SEL Manual Platinum Gray Metallic
After putting a deposit on a Golf SEL with DSG I bailed because I wanted a manual. Searched all over my area (Long Island), found 2 white manual S Wagons at Open Road VW in Manhattan. Worked out a deal over the phone that I could not refuse. Sad to see the GTI go but I'm finally a diesel owner! MSRP was $24,595, $26,035 with destination charge, splash guards, Monster Mats, roadside assistance kit and wheel locks. $1550 off sticker $5000 VW Cash and the 0% 72 months plus more then I wanted for my GTI.. I'm very happy with the deal and averaged 44 mpg on the way home in heavy traffic and hwy driving...(as per MFI) Will start using my Fuelly to get accurate reading on next tank..
They still have 1 manual left as of when I left...

My GTI and Golf side by side

Last edited:

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Hahah, I would be scared sh*tless driving a brand new car in Manhattan. It's scary enough just walking on the sidewalk.

Good get.

Is it just me, or is the dealer name extremely ironic for its location?

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
Congrats! Wish i got a manual trans but the dsg is growing on me!
Same way here. Trust me, a manual was my preference and still would be, but the DSG is great. I bought mine on Tuesday, have done about 300 miles, and I've averaged 55.3 mpg so far on the display since the dealer refuel. Will log the real data on Fuelly after the first fill-up.

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
It's a beauty! Love that white. Congrats.

Reflex silver was available around here. ALL DSG THOUGH! Oh well, at least I got the paddle shifters. They respond even early, not overridden by the car's programming. And my wife can drive it (she complained about my 2014 6MT, so this makes my life easier!).

RichF

TDI
Hahah, I would be scared sh*tless driving a brand new car in Manhattan. It's scary enough just walking on the sidewalk.
Good get.
Is it just me, or is the dealer name extremely ironic for its location?
haha.. didn't want to go into city but HAD to have the manual....

RichF

TDI
700 miles on her now... could not be happier so glad i did it and found a manual ! Big change going from a Gti with APR stage1 tune,, but my MPG has just about doubled (Gti average was 23.9 per fuelly) plus diesel is cheaper then 93 right now in my area.... The diesel has plenty of power and pulls good through all gears. Loving the Torque, breaking engine in as per instructions found on this great forum. Tinted windows yesterday, will be adding footwell LED lights heated seats and a few other goodies including kerma tune...

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
What percent tint are the windows? I was thinking of getting mine done,but thanks to NYS making tint a part of your yearly inspection(anything that has "passenger car" on door label),I'm re-thinking it. Your tint looks nice,hope Mr.Trooper doesn't pull you over to check it out:rolleyes:(happened to me when I had my 98 Jetta TDI years ago)......

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Just checked DMV website -30% tint(allows 70% light through)-front and rear side windows,back window tint ok as long as 2 side mirrors.Station wagons no longer excluded.....

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
Good looking car.

For the tint, make sure that you ask if they will do the small window next to the side mirror. Some cannot or will not do them correctly.

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Just checked DMV website -30% tint(allows 70% light through)-front and rear side windows,back window tint ok as long as 2 side mirrors.Station wagons no longer excluded.....
I believe the tint numbers work in the opposite way: A 5% window tint is often called "limo" because it eliminates 95% of VLT (visible light transmission). A 30% tint eliminates 70% VLT. A 50% tint is considered "light" because (from the outside) there's not a tremendous difference in appearance. Depending on the source, the OE VW glass (with the light blue-green glass) is tinted at 88 to 94%, reducing VLT by 6 to 12%.

RichF

TDI
Good looking car.

For the tint, make sure that you ask if they will do the small window next to the side mirror. Some cannot or will not do them correctly.

my buddy could not get his hand in there! Either could I

RichF

TDI
What percent tint are the windows? I was thinking of getting mine done,but thanks to NYS making tint a part of your yearly inspection(anything that has "passenger car" on door label),I'm re-thinking it. Your tint looks nice,hope Mr.Trooper doesn't pull you over to check it out:rolleyes:(happened to me when I had my 98 Jetta TDI years ago)......
Any tint in NY worth getting is "illegal" My back window is 20% meaning only 20% light comes through, thats the only "legal" window because back window can be anything. Doors are 35% and 2 side back windows are 20% also.. On Long Island 95% of people have illegal tint has always been that way since I've been driving (1986) Never got a an illegal tint ticket but it does happen.. Car was a heat tank the other day when it was 85 out and I did not have the tint yet. Its basically do what you want and hope nobody busts your chops. Just had my Gti inspected in feb. has 20% tint and the shop could care less. I heard some shops are abiding by the law and some don't.. If it has to come off its simple with a steam wand.. Wagon NEEDS tint, feels like your in a fish bowl without it lol...