Anyone do emissions fix yet?

TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SE 6MT
My 2015 TDI Sportwagen SE is at the dealer now getting the emissions fix. Has anyone done this already, and can clue me in on what to expect?

Thanks!
-Jim G

billc508

TDI
2015 golf sportwagen
did and done

My 2015 GSW tdi had had the fix in so far as the software adjustment goes that allows for sale of the cars from dealer inventory. Car runs fine, mileage not impaired, 46 to 48 mpg. Dealer informs that in about 18 months they will call the car back in for an adjustment to the NIOX unit

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
It only takes 45 minutes.... mostly paperwork....
I waited..then drive home when done.
Very little has changed unless you are hyper sensitively​ looking for changes.

joesmoe3

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG
They changed something in the control software, where mainly I noticed the shift points are lower for the DSG. Mileage on ours is unchanged from new, around 35 mpg. And something they accessed disconnected the console power socket, so my wife took it back, and they told her nothing and said, "All better now".

Supposedly, six months or so around here, we'll go back -- job is supposed to be nine hours, and supposedly they're to give us a loaner.

Last edited:

amitsekhon

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI,,,,,, 2010 X535D Diesel ,,,,,,,,,,,, 2002 Jetta manual TDI ALH (Sold)
Rolled back to pre-dieselgate software on a 2015 Golf7 TDI with EA288 engine.Engine is quieter and shudder at low rpms is gone which was experienced before while accelerating at low rpms.

EGR usage,fuel economy and DPF regenerations with dieselgate fix were monitored before and now after downgrading the software,they will be compared.Btw car was bought brandnew(old stock) 3 months ago.