What is VagCom???????

seacar

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
This is a newbie forum, right? Ok, so I have a dumb/easy question for all of you:

I've seen VagCom mentioned in numerous threads but unfortunately I don't know what it means.....

Could someone enlighten me?

Thanks!

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
New name is Vag Com Diagnostic System (VCDS). VAG is Volkswagen Auto Group. Com is communications.

VCDS is a dealer level diagnostic program designed exclusively for VW Audi and (in the rest of the world) all other brands owned by VW (SEAT, Skoda, Bentley, etc.). It has many additional capabilities such as logging and graphing performance data, reading, interpreting, and clearing fault codes. It is the best diagnostic tool available for Vag products. Even VW's own tech support people use it because it does more than VW's own $8000 scan tool plus it is easier to use.

Have Fun!

Don

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Confortline, Gun Metal Grey,Tech Package and DSG, Previous was 2012 Platinum Grey Jetta 6MT, 138500km
It is diagnostic soft ware designed specifically by the aftermarket for VW that gives you the ability to check and clear codes plus make changes to certain programming in you ECU.
See this link.
http://www.ross-tech.com/