Buzzken & IDParts review

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf Wagon; 2010 Golf Wagon
Considering doing a downpipe and cat. Why not get the whole kit (downpipe and cat back) from Ken?
I picked up my 3" downpipe and system this weekend... Looks badass ;) I'll take some pics of it prior to installing. Makes the 2.5" system look tiny! ;)

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
Also got a pd150 intake manifold and forge side mount to go in ;) dealing with ken has been a treat. My wife's cr is getting some toys soon as well.

gotsoot

Veteran Member
TDI
`04 passat tdi
2.5 " d?P is good,then go to 3" at the first connection.you lose velocity if pipe is to big at the turbo.diesels do not need back pressure!

Last edited:

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5 Speed
Sounds a little "gurgly" in the fly by video but sounds good in car and reving.

zxcv1000

TDI
2012 Golf Wagen
Sounds a little "gurgly" in the fly by video but sounds good in car and reving.
You get that sound from about 2500rpm until just over 3000. It's a pretty good sound overall, not too loud inside the car either. My brother has a Borla cat back and it's louder and much raspier. Ken's exhaust has a much cleaner sound. I'll try and get a video going through a tunnel ;) sounds awesome.

Also, feel free to message me if anyone wants to hear it in person.

Last edited:

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
I should have some good clips soon as well. A much different sound with the ALH ;) we have a CR too. Great sound as well but very different.

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
http://youtu.be/HUq1sOCerrc

Here is a little sample. I'll do a better video soon with a full run from a dead stop. This system is 2.5" turbo back with one resonator no muffler. Soon I'll have the 3" system on which will have two resonators.. Of course I'll make a video of that system as well.

Garracudda

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Sport Edition
Just got the buzzken turbo back 3" straight pipe installed on the 2004 BEW. Besides 2 studs coming out of the turbo causing alignment issues, the exhaust itself fit nicely! I'd definitely say 3" is way overkill and the turbo is mad loud! Might need a resonator and have the pipe exit straight rather than towards the ground.

Last edited:

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
3" installed. Two resonators and a straight 4" chrome tip (GLI rear valence). Very mellow tone with subtle turbo spool/whistle. Very stealth and not likely to attract the wrong attention (my 2.5" was louder). I'll take some vids... I like it! (Zero drone)

homer8869

TDI
2009 JSW
I installed my 2.5" turbo back to the stock muffler Friday and it went well. Everything mated up nicely. Sounds a little louder than stock, but not much.

Garracudda

TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Sport Edition
3" installed. Two resonators and a straight 4" chrome tip (GLI rear valence). Very mellow tone with subtle turbo spool/whistle. Very stealth and not likely to attract the wrong attention (my 2.5" was louder). I'll take some vids... I like it! (Zero drone)
What resonators did you use?

Last edited:

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
I purchased the system fully made by ken. I am not sure what resonators he uses but I am sure he can elaborate. I will say the system bolted up perfectly with no adjustments needed. I'll get a clip up this week.

clamb

Veteran Member
TDI
The straight tip through/under the valence is a definite plus and I'm sure contributes to the lack of drone in the cabin.