www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014)

VW MKVI-A6 Golf family including Jetta SportWagen (~ 2010-2014) Discussions area for A6/MkVI (2010-2014) Golf and Golf Wagons (Jetta Sportwagon in the USA).

Old December 6th, 2010, 00:19   #61
sync_or_swing

Yup, I got this, too. Thought they fixed that on the '11's... First trip back to the dealer. *sigh*
sync_or_swing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 14:59   #62
shiraz627

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiraz627 View Post
My TPMS light was on for about a week after I had upped the pressures to 38psi or at least thought I did. Any way I went out today and bought a decent gauge(AccuGauge S60X $6.99@Sears Auto) and found two of my tires were at 30psi so I bumped them both up to 38psi and the fault cleared instantaneously. I will monitor the situation.

2010 JSW, DSG, 14k on the clock

Gary
Seems like my TPMS issue has been resolved with an air pressure adjustment.
Old December 17th, 2010, 21:00   #63
maryMKVI

I'm sure you got it taken care of by now, but I had the same problem! It took them a long time to fix it, I was there for like 2+ hours... but it hasn't been ap roblem since!
maryMKVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2010, 13:53   #64
sync_or_swing

I took mine in, and they said it was caused by my snow tires. I'm not sure I buy that.
sync_or_swing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2011, 02:21   #65
Prophet

Mine just started to happen today @ 9,700 miles. Can the '11 ABS/ESP system be retrofit to the 10 models? Is it a software and/or hardware change?

-P.
2010 Golf TDI 2 Door Reflex Silver | Cold Weather Pkg | Xenons | RNS-510, bld Q | DynAudio w/ Stealthbox | RVC | Monster Mats | Bluetooth 9W7 | DG Panzer Plate | DG Short Shifter | Golf R Steering Wheel | Golf R Shift Knob & Boot | Cherry LED Tails | FrostHeater
2005 GMC Yukon XL 2500 Quadrasteer w/ 6.6L LBZ Duramax and 6-Speed Allison Conversion. Nicely accessorized. 26 MPG on B100
Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 23:09   #66
Timujin

Round 2 with this. I did find 1 tire @ 37PSI and all others were 38-40 PSI. The first time around they were set at 38PSI. A little bit of a PITA. I will add pressure to all and see if they automatically reset. If not back the the stealership again............................................. .
Old January 16th, 2011, 04:46   #67
ksing44
Veteran Member

The ironic thing about my 2010 rim mounted TPMS is that the two times my tires really did need air was because the the TPMS needed to be tightened down in the rim. First it was my passenger side rear wheel, which clearly needed to be a little tighter almost immediately after getting my new wheels. Then recently it was the driver's side rear wheel that must have slowly lost air over time and the TPMS needed to be tightened ever so slightly. It was a little loose. So it is kind of funny to me that the TPMS tells me my tires are low because my TPMS is leaking. It does work and I guess it is a nice feature, but ironically the TPMS can cause the issue that it is intended to remedy.

I guess the 2011 system is nicer. Too bad VW didn't get the TPMS right a few months earlier for my 2010. At least I did get an RNS510 and it was easy to switch to the 9W7 bluetooth. They did get a lot of other things right about my 2010 Golf TDI, so I'm not going to complain too much.
2010 Golf TDI - Blue (BGM), 4-Dr, 6-M, Sunroof, Xenon, Dynaudio, Nav (RNS-510), Euro light switch, 9W7 BT, R Tinted LED Tail Lights, Monte Carlo 17" x 7.5" ET47 Wheels, 235/45/17 Tires, P3Cars Digital Interface, Sonniboy sunshades, CP3 HPFP - 11/8/2016 @ 139,848 miles, The Fix - 9/27/17 @153,289 miles

Flickr slideshow
ksing44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 16:06   #68
amycyclenut

No problems with TPMS to speak of but when car was in last they did bulletin for it. A few days later, TPMS light comes on and flashes at startup. Will take it to dealer for resolution one of these days.
amycyclenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2011, 21:00   #69
Thunderstruck
Veteran Member

First thing is you might want to check your tire pressure. The dealers I've been to seem to have this compulsive need to screw with the tire pressure, in spite of my telling them to leave it alone. That's weird it happens after the update.
Old February 7th, 2011, 06:51   #70
scdevon
Veteran Member

TDI(s): None
Fuel Economy: Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palladin View Post
This may be of little help to owners of earlier model Golfs with TPMS, but on my 2011 there is a reset button in the glove box that enables you to recalibrate the TPMS for higher or lower tire pressures based on your preference. .
Correct. For you 2011 owners, simply adjust your tire pressures evenly at around 38psi, turn your ignition key to the accessory position, press and hold the reset button in the glove compartment for 2 seconds and you're done!
scdevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2011, 08:13   #71
tedkidd

TDI(s): 11 JSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdevon View Post
Correct. For you 2011 owners, simply adjust your tire pressures evenly at around 38psi, turn your ignition key to the accessory position, press and hold the reset button in the glove compartment for 2 seconds and you're done!
Mine periodically comes on when there is no issue. I think tracking rotation might be an imperfect approach, but like with smoke alarms I prefer an infrequent false positive to no notification. nice not having to buy expensive sensors that tire guys hate.
Old March 2nd, 2011, 20:03   #72
ruajohnson

Fuel Economy: 35 mpg avg/52 mpg highest

I had this same issue and the dealer replaced the sensor all together. It happened right after they replaced my tires. Maybe they damaged it?
ruajohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 09:00   #73
St.Hubbins
Veteran Member

starting happening to me just now @ 9000miles... topped off, checked with a gauge after 2 separate trips.

guess i'll let them deal w/ it at my 10k (gulp!).
Old March 10th, 2011, 15:34   #74
re2st

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdevon View Post
Yeah, right. Except that on mine, the reset button itself is eff'd up. They couldn't reset the computer, had to order replacement button. So I have to live with it for a while. So much for a German-level quality control..
re2st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2011, 12:42   #75
deserthi

I am bummed. My light was stying on so yesterday I upped the tire pressure to 45lbs each and went for a drive and the light still stayed on. I know if I go to my Dealer that they will just put more air in there and call it fixed!
deserthi is offline   Reply With Quote