www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old October 11th, 2019, 18:08   #1
Nuje
Veteran Member

Default G608 - Vacuum Sensor...?

I'm working on retrofitting ABS to my 2015 TDI GSW (it's been done by a few folks in Europe, but haven't seen anyone do it with the TDI yet), and I'm wondering about the wiring diagram for the ABS module.

The diagrams for both the "8T2" 38-pin ABS module currently in my car and the new "8T3" 46-pin retrofit part list a set of three wires going to "T3di connector" going to "G608", which lists as the "Vacuum Sensor".

Moving those wires is no problem (kinda...they're different shaped pins, so I have to cut and splice repair wires - fun!); my bigger problem(?) is that I do not have those wires.

So....do I assume that I do not have a Vacuum sensor? Just wire everything up and it "should" work...? Or is it wired into the system somewhere else and it'll take care of itself?
Build date on my car is 01/15, and I'm looking at wiring diagrams for December2014--> so I'm pretty sure I'm looking at the right thing (?). Gas cars apparently have a "brake servo" and not a "vacuum sensor".

Or...(and quite possibly the case), am I totally missing something?

38-pin (STOCK) diagram:

46-pin (NEW) diagram:

His ride: 2015 GSW SEL TDI with MIB2, Active Info Display, Adaptive Cruise retrofit
Her ride: 2016 A3 e-tron

His other ride: 2015 Giant Propel SL Di2

Last edited by Nuje; October 11th, 2019 at 18:41.
Nuje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2019, 18:33   #2
rpm-inc

I'm confused. Retrofitting a different abs system? I can only imagine you have abs already?
rpm-inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2019, 21:18   #3
Nuje
Veteran Member

Yes.
Standard cruise control can get by with the ESPMk100 (the 38-pin kind), but Adaptive Cruise control requires an IPB ABS (46-pin) module (so I've been told).

Basically, after I had all of the other hardware installed and mated to the car, there was no way I could properly code my ABS module to allow ACC to work. Makes sense that there needs to be a "special" kind of ABS module/controller that can hit the brakes autonomously to slow the car.

His ride: 2015 GSW SEL TDI with MIB2, Active Info Display, Adaptive Cruise retrofit
Her ride: 2016 A3 e-tron

His other ride: 2015 Giant Propel SL Di2
Nuje is offline   Reply With Quote