www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old October 9th, 2019, 12:38   #1
PHAT-DUB

Default Stopped by ministry of environment

So I've heard of the stories from previous threads and you never thought it would happen but I finally got stopped by the ministry of environment (Ontario, Canada) today and got ticketed and was given a time frame to return my emissions back to OEM

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3Z4UivH...d=8ozg8p18z7p5

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

www.badgeskins.com
Custom MK4 widebody for sale - here
PHAT-DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 13:15   #2
ProfBrown
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: In the sig

Time to move lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DON'T TRACK THIS ANYMORE
ProfBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 14:11   #3
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

Bummer. On the bright side, I felt like somewhat less of a degenerate after I gave up my deleted tdi.
turbobrick240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 14:48   #4
GoFaster
Moderator at Large

Don't know the history of this situation (owner or vehicle) and am not digging through Instagram to try to find out, but this isn't going to happen to a stock-looking vehicle being driven in a non-attention-getting manner. Something happened that attracted their attention. The MoE doesn't do checkpoints in which they check everyone, and they don't pull people over randomly.
GoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 15:09   #5
ProfBrown
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
Don't know the history of this situation (owner or vehicle) and am not digging through Instagram to try to find out, but this isn't going to happen to a stock-looking vehicle being driven in a non-attention-getting manner. Something happened that attracted their attention. The MoE doesn't do checkpoints in which they check everyone, and they don't pull people over randomly.

The owners wagon is stickered up, and likely as I believe it is straight piped, was more audible than the copper is used to so got him on the attention grabbing wrap and slightly louder than usual exhaust and the fact that itís lowered and has nice wheels. Bad attitude cop (a total maybe!!) might have seen him as an easy target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DON'T TRACK THIS ANYMORE
Old October 9th, 2019, 16:35   #6
PHAT-DUB

Just to chine in. My car is "stickered up" like any other company car and I do have custom dual exhaust it has a great deep diesel growl. I have never been stopped by cops in the 1.5yrs I've had it.
I don't drive stupid.. It was just one of those days where I was at the wrong place at the arong time making a turn. Or you could say the ministry officer was at the right place at the right time.

The officer was a licensed mechanic and was also a former audi/VW enthusiast. I asked him how he knew I was deleted. He said as I accelerate to make my left hand turn at the light he heard my exhaust and knew right away as all deleted diesels make/have a very distinctive sound when deleted. (the jet engine whistling sound)

So unfortunately I got followed and he pulled me over.... Sucks for me that I'm part of this unicorn scenario that we all once heard of....

I was given a fine and a month to put it back to stock emissions

www.badgeskins.com
Old October 9th, 2019, 16:45   #7
ProfBrown
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAT-DUB View Post
Just to chine in. My car is "stickered up" like any other company car and I do have custom dual exhaust it has a great deep diesel growl. I have never been stopped by cops in the 1.5yrs I've had it.
I don't drive stupid.. It was just one of those days where I was at the wrong place at the arong time making a turn. Or you could say the ministry officer was at the right place at the right time.

The officer was a licensed mechanic and was also a former audi/VW enthusiast. I asked him how he knew I was deleted. He said as I accelerate to make my left hand turn at the light he heard my exhaust and knew right away as all deleted diesels make/have a very distinctive sound when deleted. (the jet engine whistling sound)

So unfortunately I got followed and he pulled me over.... Sucks for me that I'm part of this unicorn scenario that we all once heard of....

I was given a fine and a month to put it back to stock emissions

To be clear, stickered up was not meant as offensive, was just highlighting the idea that vinyl wrapping a car attracts attention more than a standard one color car. Also, your car sounded amazing, and that cop using his expertise is a turd lol.

What is better, slightly better emissions, or a car that burns less fuel in the first place?

DON'T TRACK THIS ANYMORE
Old October 9th, 2019, 17:16   #8
PHAT-DUB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfBrown View Post
To be clear, stickered up was not meant as offensive, was just highlighting the idea that vinyl wrapping a car attracts attention more than a standard one color car. Also, your car sounded amazing, and that cop using his expertise is a turd lol.

What is better, slightly better emissions, or a car that burns less fuel in the first place?
No offense taken

It was just one of those days...unfortunately

Now that I have to go back to stock not sure how I'll like driving the car.

Thoughts of going 1.8t 4motion GSW has always been on my mind

www.badgeskins.com
Old October 9th, 2019, 17:27   #9
ProfBrown
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAT-DUB View Post
No offense taken

It was just one of those days...unfortunately

Now that I have to go back to stock not sure how I'll like driving the car.

Thoughts of going 1.8t 4motion GSW has always been on my mind

Go BMW diesel wagon maybe? They have good pep I hear, plus you get to keep your luxury wagon life style.

DON'T TRACK THIS ANYMORE
Old October 9th, 2019, 17:32   #10
PHAT-DUB

Well i want something gwith more pep and fun.. Like fast fun not tdi

I still have my mk4 alh wagon as a tdi project.

www.badgeskins.com
Old October 10th, 2019, 06:09   #11
740GLE
Veteran Member

Alltrack with an IS38 turbo, you'll be just as fast as a stock R but you'll have a propper boot.

Honestly as much as it stinks for you, I wish the local cops here would do the same around here, the number of brotrucks (all stickered up/lifted with stacks) is ridiculous.
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2019, 11:17   #12
Mrrogers1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Never high enough but always trying for more.... (See signature)

Wow, thats wild!

Couldn't you put stuff back and still run tune? Do they just do visual inspection?

Keep us posted on this.
Old October 10th, 2019, 16:34   #13
GoFaster
Moderator at Large

Now that the Drive Clean program has been canceled, it would be interesting to know how they propose to find out the difference between being actually put back completely 100% back to stock, or "looks and sounds stock".

Back when Drive Clean was still around, all they checked for was the MIL and readiness status, and that it looked stock.

Who's supposed to look at it to verify that it's "back to stock"? (If it's in the link given in the original post ... I'm not creating an Instagram account just to find this out)
GoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2019, 13:48   #14
sardo_67
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2003 Jetta
Fuel Economy: 38mpg (driving like i stole it)

wow what a douche.

also if you are selling that exhaust stuff..... shoot me a PM please
sardo_67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2019, 16:48   #15
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardo_67 View Post
wow what a douche.
The officer is a douche for doing the job he was hired to do? Seems to me if you are breaking the laws/rules and get caught, the last thing you should do is call the officer a douche, especially behind his back.