www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub


Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 6th, 2019, 20:34   #1
ProfBrown
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: So Cal
Fuel Economy: In the sig
Default Dynamic Mirror Turn Signals?

Anyone upgraded to any dynamic turn signals in their mirrors? I jumped down a short rabbit whole tonight on amazon searching "Mk7 golf" and saw a listing for dynamic mirror turn signals. That got me wondering what price they would be from other sellers as I saw were about $45 on amazon. Well did some digging, and an older thread on VW vortex came up from 2018 showing a guy raving about some he ordered off of AliExpress. This site for those who know is know as the overseas ebay of sorts. So at first I was skeptical, but they have good reviews. I also linked the old VW vortex thread for those interested. Anyone run them? Seen them? For sub $40 bucks seems like a decent gamble.. They would match my dynamic headlights too
Semi Smoked:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3285...ea5d892e1b9dfa
Transparent:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3290...ea5d892e1b9dfa
VW Vortex Thread:
https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...l-Instructions
__________________
2015 GSW TDI SE DSG

DON'T TRACK THIS ANYMORE
ProfBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2019, 05:29   #2
thundershorts
Veteran Member
Default

Why not? The matte black lenses would look best on a black mirror.
__________________
"You can't argue with a fool..."
thundershorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2019, 09:34   #3
ProfBrown
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: So Cal
Fuel Economy: In the sig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundershorts View Post
Why not? The matte black lenses would look best on a black mirror.
My thoughts too! I am unsure on which I should order though. My car is white, and I am worried that if I order the semi smoked ones, they will be way dimmer than my headlights dynamic signals, and if I get the transparent ones I am worried they will be to bright lol. I guess now that I am putting these thoughts into words, its probably better that they be dimmer than brighter, and the semi smoked lenses would look better by contrast. Maybe even look into black or carbon fiber mirror covers to give some more contrast down the line?
__________________
2015 GSW TDI SE DSG

DON'T TRACK THIS ANYMORE
ProfBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 02:51   #4
BarryT82
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Charleston, WV
Default

I have the dark lenses and they’re pretty bright when lit up. I bought them on Amazon for $40 and they arrived within a few days.
BarryT82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 08:11   #5
740GLE
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NH
Default

only negative thing i've heard is you lose the little square indicator on the inside of the mirror.
__________________
Hers: 2015 Passat SEL (NOS) w/ VW fix and Malone Stage 2.
His: 2017 Alltrack SE, waiting for TSI to TDI conversion kits to be released.
Bought back 2010 Sedan, cog swapper, build date 07/09, BB 6/7/16. 2012 Passat, Roof+Nav, build date 05/12, BB 7/11
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 09:31   #6
1854sailor
Resident Curmudgeon
 
1854sailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Baltimore, MD
Default

__________________
Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it.
-George Bernard Shaw
1854sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 12:59   #7
JM Popaleetus
Veteran Member
 
JM Popaleetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Connecticut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1854sailor View Post
[img]http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/500/medium/piccard1.jpg[img]
Agreed.
__________________
2015 VW Golf TDI SEL (DSG, Lighting and Driver Assistance Packages, Tornado Red/Titan Black)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic (Duramax LBZ, SLT, Extended Cab, Summit White/Ebony)
2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium Buyback
2010 VW Jetta TDI Buyback
JM Popaleetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 13:35   #8
Cuzoe
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Los Angeles
TDI(s): MK7 Golf S
Default

I have smoked on my car... bright enough at night but useless in the daytime (driver indicator square is not visible at all, day or night).

I have a set of the clear that I will install at some point. Reports are that you can see them in the daytime and the little driver indicator is visible as well. Fwiw, the non-smoked options came out well after I bought my smoked indicators so maybe newer smoked indicators are lighter. On the set still in my garage the plastic is clear but the LED strip behind it is white so they will appear white when installed. That contrast looks good on a black mirror, imo. Check the build logs on GolfMk7, one of the members has a white TSI with the white dynamic indicators, among some other pretty sweet mods like RS3 seats, but that's a different discussion, haha.

Picture of my smoked on black mirror for reference. I think the white will look good on my car is well even though there's no other white unless you count the "RS" on my neuspeed center caps. I have dynamic headlights and taillights so it only made sense to go with dynamic mirror turn signals also.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Cuzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 11:07   #9
armyschus
Veteran Member
 
armyschus's Avatar
Default

I went with Dyna Blink for the dynamic side marks and added gloss black caps. Got both from ECS Tuning.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-dyna-bli...ked/dbmk7~dnb/

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...im/5g0072530a/
__________________
2005 Jetta TDI, Triptronic, Colt Stage 2 Cam, Malone Stage 1.5 tune
armyschus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 11:21   #10
Cuzoe
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Los Angeles
TDI(s): MK7 Golf S
Default

The Dynablink are all but confirmed to be rebranded AliExpress units, with the associated markup. I don't know how much Dynablinks are now but you can get any of these turn signals for somewhere around $50 shipped these days. Plus you have the different options for clear, smoked, semi-smoked. Make sure you confirm in the description or listing pictures that it has 3 pins, required for puddle lights (if you want them).

Edit: Yikes, $200 for Dynablinks is highway robbery. You can get a set of each option for less than that and see which you like best. That price for OEM black mirror caps could be right, I don't know. My folding mirrors came with black caps.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Cuzoe; October 9th, 2019 at 11:25.
Cuzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 16:20   #11
ProfBrown
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: So Cal
Fuel Economy: In the sig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 740GLE View Post
only negative thing i've heard is you lose the little square indicator on the inside of the mirror.
The ones I ordered, still have that from their posting on their AliExpress page. Reviews say they have them too.
__________________
2015 GSW TDI SE DSG

DON'T TRACK THIS ANYMORE
ProfBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 16:22   #12
ProfBrown
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: So Cal
Fuel Economy: In the sig
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuzoe View Post
I have smoked on my car... bright enough at night but useless in the daytime (driver indicator square is not visible at all, day or night).

I have a set of the clear that I will install at some point. Reports are that you can see them in the daytime and the little driver indicator is visible as well. Fwiw, the non-smoked options came out well after I bought my smoked indicators so maybe newer smoked indicators are lighter. On the set still in my garage the plastic is clear but the LED strip behind it is white so they will appear white when installed. That contrast looks good on a black mirror, imo. Check the build logs on GolfMk7, one of the members has a white TSI with the white dynamic indicators, among some other pretty sweet mods like RS3 seats, but that's a different discussion, haha.

Picture of my smoked on black mirror for reference. I think the white will look good on my car is well even though there's no other white unless you count the "RS" on my neuspeed center caps. I have dynamic headlights and taillights so it only made sense to go with dynamic mirror turn signals also.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
They discontinued the full smoke option, and now offer a semi smoked option instead. I wonder if your explained observation is the rational behind this.
__________________
2015 GSW TDI SE DSG

DON'T TRACK THIS ANYMORE
ProfBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 21:10   #13
Cuzoe
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Los Angeles
TDI(s): MK7 Golf S
Default

Haha, I would rate that as likely. I don't know that anybody driving (especially in LA) notices mirror turning signals, day or night... but I do like the principle of having them visible in the daytime, especially if I'm driving where pedestrian traffic is heavy. Despite having the right of way, as a pedestrian I like to know what the cars around me are about to do. My smoked signals provide no such courtesy in the daylight.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Cuzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2019, 11:24   #14
ProfBrown
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: So Cal
Fuel Economy: In the sig
Default

Just installed the semi smoked dynamic turns today... man they are nice fit an finish, easy instal, work like they should, match my dynamic turns on the headlights, and as bright as stock even though they are semi smoked. I 100% recommend these gentleman. Can’t beat the price!

Down side of my instal and I assume part of with where I live, one of the plastic clips broke on the driver side and both broke on the passenger side on the instal. Just a little brittle piece of plastic. I ordered all black ones off eBay. Was gonna go with the same seller but was afraid the longer I waited the more likely the passenger side one will fall off and the AliExpress ones wouldn’t be delivered until 11/8 at the earliest.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 GSW TDI SE DSG

DON'T TRACK THIS ANYMORE
ProfBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2019, 18:54   #15
hskrdu
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Annapolis, MD & The Berkshires, MA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfBrown View Post
Just installed the semi smoked dynamic turns today... man they are nice fit an finish, easy instal, work like they should, match my dynamic turns on the headlights, and as bright as stock even though they are semi smoked. I 100% recommend these gentleman. Can’t beat the price!

Down side of my instal and I assume part of with where I live, one of the plastic clips broke on the driver side and both broke on the passenger side on the instal. Just a little brittle piece of plastic. I ordered all black ones off eBay. Was gonna go with the same seller but was afraid the longer I waited the more likely the passenger side one will fall off and the AliExpress ones wouldn’t be delivered until 11/8 at the earliest.

Ebay not amazon?
Broke the plastic clips on the turn signals or the caps/svm housings?
Also, what do you mean by the connection to where you live?
__________________
Now: 03 Golf GLS TDI 5SPD & (hers) 03 Jetta GLS TDI 5SPD & 2015 GSW TDI 6M
Then: 99 Jetta GLS TDI, 94 Golf GL, 85 Golf GL, 85 Golf, 79 Rabbit C, 68 Beetle, 65 Beetle
hskrdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Both mirror turn signals "failed" simultaneously kjgraynh VW MKV-A5 Golf/Jettas 7 September 17th, 2014 07:41
FS: MK5 GLI/GTI Honeycomb Grille, stock mirror turn signals tightgtp Private TDI Items for Sale/Wanted 0 July 14th, 2012 12:13
Mirror Turn Signals PlaneCrazy VW B5 Passat TDIs 12 May 2nd, 2007 22:54
turn signals Beerman_ VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) 4 October 7th, 2004 18:15
Turn Signals Gary S VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) 3 February 12th, 2003 15:26


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017
Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Forum Rules | Disclaimer
TDIClub Online Ltd (TDIClub.com) is not affiliated with the VWoA or VWAG and is supported by contributions from viewers like you.
© 1996 - 2017, All Rights Reserved
Page generated in 0.20235 seconds with 11 queries
[Output: 132.67 Kb. compressed to 111.43 Kb. by saving 21.25 Kb. (16.01%)]