www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old October 13th, 2019, 19:53   #31
lessm723

Fuel Economy: see fuelly

Got the next one home. Had them clean the windows before we drive off.. it was getting dark. Well inspection said fixed/replaced windshield. That was a lie. Looked her over when got home and there is deep scratches where the wiper arm grinded the windshield. Wow unacceptable. U just thought the wipers smeared crap on the window.

Also the previous owner had a bug shield for the sunroof. Well when someone removed it, it took the clear with it. Yeah definitely wasn't noted or in the pics. Salesman assured me that after getting and estimate they would fix as it's not up to their standards.

Also after driving 2 hours the reduce oil light came on. Completely panicked. Pulled over and googled to find they are just over sensitive and just needs a little drained out hopefully.

Really want to keep this one so we shall see what they say Tuesday. Also my trade was moved from the site so if I want to just get it back they would have to locate it! Oh boy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Old October 13th, 2019, 20:07   #32
BarryT82
Veteran Member

The clear coat peeling in that spot is a common issue.
BarryT82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2019, 20:10   #33
lessm723

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryT82 View Post
The clear coat peeling in that spot is a common issue.
Common or not it should have been disclosed. Pretty obvious it was a defect. I will just hope they resolve it like the gentleman said blah.

Old October 13th, 2019, 20:27   #34
ProfBrown
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: In the sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessm723 View Post
Common or not it should have been disclosed. Pretty obvious it was a defect. I will just hope they resolve it like the gentleman said blah.

Same Carvana company? Sounds like they are just not good at their jobs... Iím sorry mate. That clear coat would bug me too. Once a small portion begins to come up, the rest is only a short matter of time. Just like a road when one pebble pops loose, 6 months later pot hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DON'T TRACK THIS ANYMORE
ProfBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2019, 11:25   #35
whizznbyu
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 56 MPG at 60 MPH.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessm723 View Post
Did you get it yet?

It is in the mechanic's shop getting a PPI. I have until Thursday 5 PM to decide if I want it or not.
whizznbyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2019, 05:56   #36
thundershorts
Veteran Member

Well getting new windshield is minor, a st gobain one is about 300. The paint issue is expensive. This gsw has been used/ stored in an area that destroyed the clear coat due to uv or environment. to strip roof area, rails need to be removed. A cheap assed job which may soon fail is money foolishly spent. A professional job, garanteed, depending where you are will be 1200-1500 minimum.
Old October 15th, 2019, 07:17   #37
thundershorts
Veteran Member

Carvana may vary somewhat in different parts of the country, but Where you are they don't seem to care what they sell from their lack of descriptions.
Old October 15th, 2019, 07:19   #38
lessm723

I agree so far!!!! About to go get an estimate and submit it to them. I have till Saturday to decide on the car at least.

Old October 17th, 2019, 13:11   #39
lessm723

Just an update. Got two estimates for fun. One wanted to remove the panel and glue another. The other agreed to try and paint it. To wrap the whole top in black would have been 350. Safelite is replacing the windshield also.

I finally had a chance to check the filters and bot were they gross! Found a plug that was disconnected to the ccv valve and the preheater tube was not on the air box. They are reimbursing the filters as well as the oil change I had the dealer do. I really didn't expect for them to pay for the oil change but kept getting the reduce oil level light and it definitely was too high. They also noted the oil was milky but saw no other signs of damage and think maybe with it being overfilled it had something to do with it. It ran like a kitten on the way home. It must be a little downhill but was at 64mpg! My first tank was 41.036 mpg and I am happy with that.

I have until tomorrow to decide but I'm pretty sure I'm keeping this one.

Old October 17th, 2019, 13:27   #40
ProfBrown
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: In the sig

If your happy thatís good! A roof wrap would be the cheapest short term option of course. Keep in mind wraps donít last forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DON'T TRACK THIS ANYMORE
ProfBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2019, 14:52   #41
turbobrick240
Veteran Member

milky oil? Run away! There are better ones out there.
turbobrick240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2019, 16:40   #42
15TDICommuter

TDI(s): 2015 GSW

This seems like a massive headache for something that you gain very little on - I understand the desire for a newer, slightly more efficient, and manual car. But to get a car with these types of issues you listed seems like a red flag, especially for a car that is priced above market and riddled with issues (10x).

SafeLite being listed is also a major flag.

I'd be looking for my old car and take the lesson learned. Good luck.
Old October 17th, 2019, 16:47   #43
thundershorts
Veteran Member

The shop is right, the sunroof panel must come out as well as the roof rails, think a quality shop would charge over 2 grand for the job. You are only screwing yourself if you accept this unit. There are really nice ones out there with under 20k miles with perfect paint.
Old October 17th, 2019, 19:44   #44
DieselDavid
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Typically MPG mid 40s to upper 50s per tank
Exclamation

I considered this car too but the price seemed high for the mileage. Also the second owner averaged something like 40K miles per year, just a little higher than average.

Carvana is selling the car, again. Same price but now with 660 additional miles.

https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1296358
DieselDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2019, 21:46   #45
lessm723

Those were my miles for the test drive. He pulled a trailer all those miles!!! I'm back in a dsg now and wife is happy. Even after I told them all the things wrong with that car... I'm sure they aren't fixed.