www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old September 27th, 2019, 06:23   #1
turbo_diesel_steve

TDI(s): not yet
Default Paint colors

I tried looking around but I haven't found any answers. What was the "rarest" color for the 2015 GSW. I only have found color options. If there is already a thread please let me know. I will keep scrolling in the meantime.
turbo_diesel_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2019, 18:25   #2
ESmith813

When I was shopping for mine (started about a year ago and purchased in February). Take with a grain of salt, because I only shopped for GSW SEL manuals, but I didn't see a ton of either blue (Silk Blue and even less Night Blue). I would think Tungsten Silver has to be up there in rarity too.
ESmith813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2019, 17:11   #3
15TDICommuter

TDI(s): 2015 GSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmith813 View Post
When I was shopping for mine (started about a year ago and purchased in February). Take with a grain of salt, because I only shopped for GSW SEL manuals, but I didn't see a ton of either blue (Silk Blue and even less Night Blue). I would think Tungsten Silver has to be up there in rarity too.

Interesting. I too only looked at GSW and found all colors but the actual number of GSW that were out there were low. I have a silk blue but have yet to see another GSW TDI, plenty of the unleaded cars but haven't seen any other TDIs.
Old October 9th, 2019, 10:40   #4
Datalore

When I was looking a year ago for my GSW, I found that the blues seem to be the rarest colors. I didn't even know the night blue existed for a month while looking daily. I wish there was a total built sheet we had access too.
Datalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2019, 03:59   #5
Matt927
Veteran Member

TDI(s): several

Prior to the emissions scandal. VW replaced a Mk6 JSW TDI I had with a 2015 Mk7 Golf SEL TDI, night blue metallic paint and the lighting package. I was able to choose the color and trim, etc. Took approximately 5 months for the car to be built and arrive.

I see more silk blue then night blue. I would say night blue is one of the rarer colors.
Matt927 is offline   Reply With Quote