www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old December 9th, 2014, 10:43   #31
Callipygian

Yesterday got out of work to find my CEL has come on...awesome! The manual says ease off throttle and make your way to a garage... great! Second trip to dealer in a month, only 1400mi.
The cel stayed on all last night, had to run errands and restarted the car 3 times throughout, stayed on.
This morning get up for work and cel is gone.
Will dealer be able to read what it was?
Callipygian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2014, 10:46   #32
Callipygian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVWVWF View Post
Im thinking about getting a Golf....so I reading this I can assume ya'll not having any squeeking/cracking/popping interior noises like the 11-12 Jetta's?
Car drives soundly other than what sounds like a somewhat louder than expected fan whir/whistle coming from the a/c vents when climate control is on.
The only popping was my blood vessels when I saw the cel come on last night.
Callipygian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2014, 10:47   #33
Korab
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: it had better be good

Maybe. It depends on what it was. some reset, others leave a fault code. Always best to drive it straight to the garage and leave it idling until they can put put an OBD reader on it to pull the code.
Korab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2014, 20:54   #34
Ben Carufel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callipygian View Post
Yesterday got out of work to find my CEL has come on...awesome! The manual says ease off throttle and make your way to a garage... great! Second trip to dealer in a month, only 1400mi.
The cel stayed on all last night, had to run errands and restarted the car 3 times throughout, stayed on.
This morning get up for work and cel is gone.
Will dealer be able to read what it was?
In deference to what Korab said above; As I understand it, all OBDII cars will store a log of faults. If they've self-reset they will come up as "Not Currently Present" in the scan, but the code should still be stored.
Ben Carufel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2014, 15:51   #35
andyrooski17
Veteran Member

As posted in a different thread on this forum, I am the second to see what appears to be crystallized urea from a small leak, so I wanted to include it in this sticky thread.

This is apparently the DEF injector port, which is located adjacent to the north-west corner of the engine cover (when viewed standing in front of the car).

WiszMaster, who first noted this, had his DEF injector port and feed hose replaced around 12/5. He hasn't yet reported whether the problem is gone or not.

I'm not sure as to the severity of this problem, but I'll be calling my dealer tomorrow to see what they say and hopefully have it addressed. I will report back on my experience. I would encourage everyone else with a Mk7 to check their cars.

Old December 15th, 2014, 14:51   #36
StormyTDi

Total newbie question, so please go easy on me... :-) I searched in the forums, but I was unable to locate any kind of basic list of things to check for before taking delivery on the MK7 TDI; I'm finally taking delivery of my TDI SEL this week, and want to be sure I look over any common issues and have them fixed before I drive off the lot. Below is what I've gathered from this thread...

- Dripping rear washer nozzle
- Fuel door mis-match on colors
- I’ve read somewhere to check that the doors align properly
- MDI cable for iPhone 6 should have a blue or green collar
- Hockey pucks used for shipping removed from springs
- This may not be apparent upon delivery, but keep an eye out for leaks on the DEF injector port

Any other suggestions, or items, of things to look for when I pick it up?

Thanks!!
StormyTDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2014, 15:25   #37
JASONP
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 4.5l/100

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyTDi View Post
Total newbie question, so please go easy on me... :-) I searched in the forums, but I was unable to locate any kind of basic list of things to check for before taking delivery on the MK7 TDI; I'm finally taking delivery of my TDI SEL this week, and want to be sure I look over any common issues and have them fixed before I drive off the lot. Below is what I've gathered from this thread...

- Dripping rear washer nozzle
- Fuel door mis-match on colors
- I’ve read somewhere to check that the doors align properly
- MDI cable for iPhone 6 should have a blue or green collar
- Hockey pucks used for shipping removed from springs
- This may not be apparent upon delivery, but keep an eye out for leaks on the DEF injector port

Any other suggestions, or items, of things to look for when I pick it up?

Thanks!!
Other than the visual obvious , issues come up after you've put a few thousand miles on your new car.
Just go through all the controls inside the cabin and make sure they all work properly.
The dripping rear washer jet is a known issue and there is a TSB for it it the US anyways, fuel door mismatch that's one to take up with the dealer itself as they may or may not decide to repair that (I was promised a new one repainted but yet to see it)
crystalizing of the DEF you won't see right away during pickup

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old December 15th, 2014, 15:31   #38
TurnOne
Veteran Member

I focus on paint and body. The rest can be fixed or lemon lawed.

TurnOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2014, 08:02   #39
StormyTDi

Excellent, thanks!! I'm stoked - first VW and first diesel! Just waiting on the dealer's call to find out when I can come in. You'd think after waiting over 3 months, I'd be used to waiting by now - but it's worse knowing it's local and not being able to get it. Ugh...
StormyTDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2014, 08:38   #40
JASONP
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyTDi View Post
Excellent, thanks!! I'm stoked - first VW and first diesel! Just waiting on the dealer's call to find out when I can come in. You'd think after waiting over 3 months, I'd be used to waiting by now - but it's worse knowing it's local and not being able to get it. Ugh...
Merry Christmas

Old December 16th, 2014, 08:41   #41
kjclow
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 max / 44 avg on beetle ~37 on JSW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONP View Post
fuel door mismatch that's one to take up with the dealer itself as they may or may not decide to repair that (I was promised a new one repainted but yet to see it)

Be prepared for the new door not being an exact match either. The fuel door is plastic and takes paint differently than the metal body panels. largest issue is still the metallics, which is why the silver looks the worst. You are also now working with a different batch of paint that may or may not match your original batch. The "proper" way to fix this would be to have a body shop custom match what is actually on your car. however, this may also be the worst option long term since the body shops do not use OEM paints.
Old December 16th, 2014, 12:31   #42
JASONP
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjclow View Post
Be prepared for the new door not being an exact match either. The fuel door is plastic and takes paint differently than the metal body panels. largest issue is still the metallics, which is why the silver looks the worst. You are also now working with a different batch of paint that may or may not match your original batch. The "proper" way to fix this would be to have a body shop custom match what is actually on your car. however, this may also be the worst option long term since the body shops do not use OEM paints.
You sir are correct and I explained to the service manager that this should have been looked at during R&D phase prior to production not after the sale.
They've ordered a new door and custom match to body paint and yes the metalic are completely off.

Old January 1st, 2015, 20:31   #43
Marsupial

Has anybody heard about that VW recall #24Bi? It definitely includes 2015 Golf but I'm wondering if it includes TDI variety.
Marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2015, 08:47   #44
Matt927
Veteran Member

TDI(s): several

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsupial View Post
Has anybody heard about that VW recall #24Bi? It definitely includes 2015 Golf but I'm wondering if it includes TDI variety.

Components:
FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM:FUEL RAIL
Matt927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2015, 10:15   #45
Marsupial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt927 View Post
Components:
FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM:FUEL RAIL
Thanks. I saw couple articles about it but none of them specified fuel type.
Marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote