Dumb Newbie Question - 2006 Jetta TDI CCV

Tdimike06

TDI
2006 Jetta
Hello all,

Yes, I am a dumb newbie.... However not a newbie to car forums.

I have searched google for a week or so until I get tired. I have also used the search utility found here at the top of the page. I went through 27 pages of results without a satisfactory answer to my question.

I have recently purchased a 2006 Jetta TDI 1.9L MKV BRM Engine (from what I have gathered from this site already). When I run the car for a while and come to a complete stop I smell burning oil. Also, from what I have gathered, it could possibly be a clogged CCV not allowing crankcase pressure out, forcing oil out of places it shouldn't be going. I want to clean/replace my CCV......

My question - Where is my actual CCV ???? I see the tube from the valve cover to the intake piping... I see alot of pictures of an actual puck shaped thing sitting on top of the valve cover. My engine however does NOT have this puck!!! Is mine actually inside the valve cover??

I'll see if I can post of pic of what my engine actually looks like.

Thanks for answering my dumb question ;)

Tdimike06

TDI
2006 Jetta

Picture has an arrow pointing to the tube from valve cover to intake piping... Where is CCV??

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
IIRC there was some issue of the rear of the valve cover leaking oil and running down back by the turbo, causing a similar issue. I would check there first.

Jettascuba

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Jetta
Very little chance of having a blocked CCV. I'll agree with previous poster on a leak onto the turbo. A common place for leaks through the valve cover is at the corners at the camshaft exit and the tandem pump. When you remove and replace it, you should put a bit of sealant there.

Tdimike06

TDI
2006 Jetta
Ok, I will take a look back there and see if I have evidence of oil leaking out of the valve cover gasket and onto the turbo.

But, to answer my original question Just for the sale of me knowing, where is my ccv?