‘15 Passat Suspension

abishoff

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Has anyone done anything fun with our suspension other than going in with a factory like replacement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
I’d like to know also. Thanks for posting. :)

abishoff

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I’d like to know also. Thanks for posting. :)

What are you trying to accomplish? I’m on the fence with staying factory, going better quality like Bilstiens struts, or the coilover route.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
Same here, Bilstein touring version but stock springs. I did Bilstein HD’s in my old 300k miles 2011 JSW and it was awesome but not coffee cup friendly LOL and definitely no go for Passat but perfect for the JSW.

abishoff

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Same here, Bilstein touring version but stock springs. I did Bilstein HD’s in my old 300k miles 2011 JSW and it was awesome but not coffee cup friendly LOL and definitely no go for Passat but perfect for the JSW.

Which one is the touring version?

abishoff

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL

Lex Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
I upgraded to the koni's and got the sway bar upgrades.... definitely handles better on the 2 lane country roads i frequent for my job... solid upgrade but not super unfriendly for highway riding.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
What sway bar upgrade did you get?

abishoff

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I upgraded to the koni's and got the sway bar upgrades.... definitely handles better on the 2 lane country roads i frequent for my job... solid upgrade but not super unfriendly for highway riding.

Can you send a link to the konis and the sway bars?

abishoff

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Are the springs/shocks any different between the S and SEL oe? The original sachs/boge feel fine with Mich as3+/Austin wheels on my S. I am reluctant to experiment with expensive changes only to find no improvement, or worse.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
Opps, my golf, not my passat..passat feels very good on the conti pure contacts, far better than the original pro contact conti's

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
a rear sway bar was enough to keep us happy, i'd recommend one part at a time see what it takes to make you happy.

Lex Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
a rear sway bar was enough to keep us happy, i'd recommend one part at a time see what it takes to make you happy.
That might be wise, esp if you have a fairly new car... i was replacing 150k worn shocks, bushings, and such, i figured i would go with an overall upgrade when it came time. The passat just rolls so much on the country two lanes.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
also a difference if you're turning you're own wrenches vs paying a shop.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I got the Koni FSD (Now called Special Active) with the stock springs and the H&R 24mm rear anti-roll bar.

Completely transformed the ride in the turns and firmed up the undulations in the straights.

abishoff

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
That might be wise, esp if you have a fairly new car... i was replacing 150k worn shocks, bushings, and such, i figured i would go with an overall upgrade when it came time. The passat just rolls so much on the country two lanes.

I’m at 140k on my Passat TDI SEL. Looking to do shocks and probably rear sway bar. What bushings and such did you have to replace while you were in there? I might do new front axles as well.

Lex Tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
I left the axles be, everything with the bar was included in the kit (with the link above) including bushings. And replaced control arm bushings while i was in there too.