www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub


Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 8th, 2019, 13:25   #16
RIP TDI
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
but none of the A7 TDIs got the electric heater, as I assume they felt it was not necessary or (more likely) they were trying to save a few bucks.
Apparently all A7 TDIs have the 7E6 "Electric Auxiliary Air Heater", but NOT the 9M0 "Auxiliary Heater".

If you're looking for the 7E6 option code on your build STICKER (located underneath the hatch threshold trim panel), you won't find it, since the sticker doesn't list all equipment on your car. The build SHEET does list all equipment codes & descriptions.
__________________
- Chris
'15 GSW SE 6MT, '01 Golf 5MT
'97 Passat sedan, '96 Passat variant
'99 BMW M3 Cabrio

Last edited by RIP TDI; October 8th, 2019 at 13:34.
RIP TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 16:40   #17
JM Popaleetus
Veteran Member
 
JM Popaleetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Connecticut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP TDI View Post
Apparently all A7 TDIs have the 7E6 "Electric Auxiliary Air Heater", but NOT the 9M0 "Auxiliary Heater".

If you're looking for the 7E6 option code on your build STICKER (located underneath the hatch threshold trim panel), you won't find it, since the sticker doesn't list all equipment on your car. The build SHEET does list all equipment codes & descriptions.
I have my factory manifest and I definitely do not have 7E6.
__________________
2015 VW Golf TDI SEL (DSG, Lighting and Driver Assistance Packages, Tornado Red/Titan Black)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic (Duramax LBZ, SLT, Extended Cab, Summit White/Ebony)
2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium Buyback
2010 VW Jetta TDI Buyback
JM Popaleetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 17:10   #18
The Tortoise
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Ottawa
Default

I have the 7E6.

Canadian Trendline.
The Tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 17:16   #19
RIP TDI
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM Popaleetus View Post
I have my factory manifest and I definitely do not have 7E6.
Interesting...

My GSW was purchased new in Baltimore and does have 7E6 (near the very bottom of the list). Assuming yours was originally sold in Conn., I can't believe there's that small a regional difference. Yours is a hatchback, right? Could it be HB vs. GSW? A logical explanation eludes me.
__________________
- Chris
'15 GSW SE 6MT, '01 Golf 5MT
'97 Passat sedan, '96 Passat variant
'99 BMW M3 Cabrio

Last edited by RIP TDI; October 8th, 2019 at 18:01.
RIP TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 17:54   #20
The Tortoise
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Ottawa
Default

I have the GSW
The Tortoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 18:59   #21
JM Popaleetus
Veteran Member
 
JM Popaleetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Connecticut
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP TDI View Post
Interesting...

My GSW was purchased new in Baltimore and does have 7E6 (near the very bottom of the list). Assuming yours was originally sold in Conn., I can't believe there's that small a regional difference. Yours is a hatchback, right? Could it be HB vs. GSW? A logical explanation eludes me.
Originally Florida. Hence why I thought it might be a 'Hot Country-only' model.

But apparently that doesn't exist?

Most likely it just comes down to typical VW assembly line randomness.
__________________
2015 VW Golf TDI SEL (DSG, Lighting and Driver Assistance Packages, Tornado Red/Titan Black)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic (Duramax LBZ, SLT, Extended Cab, Summit White/Ebony)
2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium Buyback
2010 VW Jetta TDI Buyback
JM Popaleetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 19:59   #22
RIP TDI
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM Popaleetus View Post
I have my factory manifest and I definitely do not have 7E6.
Do you have "7E0: W/o heat accumulator/auxiliary heating" on your sheet?

I'm wondering if the heating hardware is present on all cars in a national market but activated in some and not others, with the build sheet reflecting whether it was activated or not at the factory. That begs the question: is there an activation adaption or long code change in VCDS? Do I remember a post about this a few years ago or is this just wishful thinking?
__________________
- Chris
'15 GSW SE 6MT, '01 Golf 5MT
'97 Passat sedan, '96 Passat variant
'99 BMW M3 Cabrio
RIP TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2019, 22:47   #23
JM Popaleetus
Veteran Member
 
JM Popaleetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Connecticut
Default

Here is everything, in order, that is (or could be) relevant to the discussion on my manifest:

8GU - 140A Alternator
0Y4 - Climatic zones: Cold and tropical climatic zones (US).
8Z6 - Engine cooling system: Hot country.
7E0 - Heat accumulator system/auxiliary heater: W/o heat accumulator/auxiliary heating.
9M0 - Auxiliary heater: Without auxiliary/parking heater.
__________________
2015 VW Golf TDI SEL (DSG, Lighting and Driver Assistance Packages, Tornado Red/Titan Black)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic (Duramax LBZ, SLT, Extended Cab, Summit White/Ebony)
2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium Buyback
2010 VW Jetta TDI Buyback
JM Popaleetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 04:24   #24
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor
 
oilhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: St Louis
Fuel Economy: fantastic
Default

OK so evidently this electric heater is NOT part of the cold country packaging on the A7s, or at least, not on yours.

The "parking" heater is the fuel fired one, Webasto and Ebersbacher are the two big suppliers of these. No US spec Volkswagen after the Vanagon has had one of these available.

ETKA shows two PR codes for the electric heater, 7E6 and 7E0, with 7E6 showing the part number and 7E0 simply stating "not for this model".

It kinds of sounds like the heated seats in older cars. Some had it, as part of a "Cold Weather Package", but it was not specifically part of the Cold weather country buildout, which by default all US spec cars are.

Question is, did anyone at a dealer actually have the ability to line item order that or not. Ordering for the US market has always been spotty.
__________________
oilhammer
www.cardocautomotive.com

Last edited by oilhammer; October 9th, 2019 at 04:30.
oilhammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 04:37   #25
JM Popaleetus
Veteran Member
 
JM Popaleetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Connecticut
Default

I've toyed with the idea of buying the electric heater core off eBay for ~$40 or so and installing it. But I've found the EA288 heats up much faster than the EA189 as intended to the point I can't be bothered.

But looking at this thread and the other, it seems that all GSW's have it while the hatchbacks do not. So I'll submit that as my answer.
__________________
2015 VW Golf TDI SEL (DSG, Lighting and Driver Assistance Packages, Tornado Red/Titan Black)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic (Duramax LBZ, SLT, Extended Cab, Summit White/Ebony)
2013 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium Buyback
2010 VW Jetta TDI Buyback

Last edited by JM Popaleetus; October 9th, 2019 at 04:55.
JM Popaleetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2019, 04:46   #26
RIP TDI
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Default

Here's mine:

8GU - 140A Alternator
0Y4 - Climatic zones: Cold and tropical climatic zones (US)
8Z6 - Engine cooling system: Hot country
7E6 - Heat accumulator system/auxiliary heater: Electric auxiliary air heater
9M0 - Auxiliary heater: Without auxiliary/parking heater
__________________
- Chris
'15 GSW SE 6MT, '01 Golf 5MT
'97 Passat sedan, '96 Passat variant
'99 BMW M3 Cabrio
RIP TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2019, 06:13   #27
740GLE
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NH
Default

what part of this discussion is about AC issues?
__________________
Hers: 2015 Passat SEL (NOS) w/ VW fix and Malone Stage 2.
His: 2017 Alltrack SE, waiting for TSI to TDI conversion kits to be released.
Bought back 2010 Sedan, cog swapper, build date 07/09, BB 6/7/16. 2012 Passat, Roof+Nav, build date 05/12, BB 7/11
740GLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2019, 22:28   #28
Ooga
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Washington PNW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
So again, without overthinking this, scan tool ---> verify coding, check pressure (scan tool pressure, I do not care what a gauge says)
How come you don't care what a gauge set would read? Im not familiar with vehicle specific stuff but in my world we love verifying with gauges. Thanks for whatever education I'm about to receive.
Ooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2019, 04:19   #29
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor
 
oilhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: St Louis
Fuel Economy: fantastic
Default

Because that is the output, we want to check the input first. In the input is bad, then you already know the output will be bad.

Plus, and I have to educate the masses at our shop on this repeatedly, every single time you hook gauges up to an automotive A/C system, you've discharged it some. Every. Single. Time. The level of refrigerant just is not that much. The volume to fill the machines hoses and valving inside is not an insignificant percentage of the total volume of refrigerant on so many of these modern cars. And these cars are VERY picky about having the correct charge.

A Civic will be working just fine... if you put gauges on it, just the act of "checking" the pressures... it will no longer work as it was prior. They are THAT sensitive.

The cars in question have a pressure sensor (high side). That value can be monitored via the Climate's data blocks. No need to mess with any gauges for that. If you have exhausted all other control side means, and you still feel like something is not right, but the system IS working, then perhaps as a last ditch diagnostic tool. Otherwise, the only time the service ports get touched is if the system is going to be evacuated and recharged (for whatever reason... we often do this to service something altogether unrelated to the A/C system).
__________________
oilhammer
www.cardocautomotive.com
oilhammer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2019, 16:33   #30
Ooga
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Washington PNW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
Because that is the output, we want to check the input first. In the input is bad, then you already know the output will be bad.
Plus, and I have to educate the masses at our shop on this repeatedly, every single time you hook gauges up to an automotive A/C system, you've discharged it some. Every. Single. Time. The level of refrigerant just is not that much. The volume to fill the machines hoses and valving inside is not an insignificant percentage of the total volume of refrigerant on so many of these modern cars. And these cars are VERY picky about having the correct charge.
A Civic will be working just fine... if you put gauges on it, just the act of "checking" the pressures... it will no longer work as it was prior. They are THAT sensitive.
The cars in question have a pressure sensor (high side). That value can be monitored via the Climate's data blocks. No need to mess with any gauges for that. If you have exhausted all other control side means, and you still feel like something is not right, but the system IS working, then perhaps as a last ditch diagnostic tool. Otherwise, the only time the service ports get touched is if the system is going to be evacuated and recharged (for whatever reason... we often do this to service something altogether unrelated to the A/C system).
Makes complete sense. We have cool little pressure readers we like to use that don't have lines for the same reason on small systems. thanks for the info.
Ooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB: 2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6M - Highline (Vancouver, BC) garms TDI Cars for Sale/Wanted 2 December 19th, 2016 11:38
air conditioning not cold Truckdriver09 VW MKIII-A3/B4 TDIs 36 April 15th, 2016 05:58
2015 Golf TDI SE 6M 8k ottomatic TDI Cars for Sale/Wanted 17 March 20th, 2015 11:03
GOLF MK4 TDI - Cold air blowing from heater @ standstill GOLFA VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) 4 December 2nd, 2012 05:24
Air conditioning trouble shooting? Vents blowing warm air. Keven VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) 0 May 21st, 2012 08:12


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017
Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Forum Rules | Disclaimer
TDIClub Online Ltd (TDIClub.com) is not affiliated with the VWoA or VWAG and is supported by contributions from viewers like you.
1996 - 2017, All Rights Reserved
Page generated in 0.23294 seconds with 13 queries
[Output: 134.93 Kb. compressed to 112.78 Kb. by saving 22.15 Kb. (16.42%)]