CEL and Adblue lights on

Jetta_jriver

TDI
2015 Jetta TDi
Hello,

Last week our check engine light came on and with hopes it was only the gas cap, I tried the gas cap tightening and the light went off. Great. Now, today, my wife is driving it and said the CEL is back on ALSO with the Adblue light. Are these generally correllated? Any advice on the first things I should check? Ive never used Adblue before so should I just put some in and see if that resolves the CEL too?

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Hello,
Last week our check engine light came on and with hopes it was only the gas cap, I tried the gas cap tightening and the light went off. Great. Now, today, my wife is driving it and said the CEL is back on ALSO with the Adblue light. Are these generally correllated? Any advice on the first things I should check? Ive never used Adblue before so should I just put some in and see if that resolves the CEL too?
If it's low it will need it anyway.
From I heard it takes a lot to get it to get it to turn off.
Maybe 2+ gallons?

Jetta_jriver

TDI
2015 Jetta TDi
I got some other advice to check the back of the engine block for white crystallized urea and sure enough its there. Apparently a common problem and likely the CEL cause too. At least I am hoping.

super1

Veteran Member
TDI
none
I got some other advice to check the back of the engine block for white crystallized urea and sure enough its there. Apparently a common problem and likely the CEL cause too. At least I am hoping.

It should be covered under warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk