www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +)

VW MKVII-Mk7 Golf family including Golf Wagon (~ 2015 +) Discussions area for the Mk7 (2015+) Golf and Golf Wagon TDIs based on the MQB (Modularer Querbaukasten) platform.

Old October 2nd, 2019, 16:51   #31
thundershorts
Veteran Member

Installed a German junk yard one with the dsg vent using the new brackets and new bolts. Total about 110 bucks.
Old October 2nd, 2019, 18:58   #32
bigb
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundershorts View Post
Installed a German junk yard one with the dsg vent using the new brackets and new bolts. Total about 110 bucks.
I did the same. Using a ratcheting box wrench on the upper mount bolts was a lifesaver for me as there are no holes in my grille like some to stick an extension and socket into. My used pan arrived missing a front tab for which they gave me 1/2 off and it didn't make any difference mounting it. The brackets, bolts and wrench cost more than the pan.
Old October 2nd, 2019, 20:22   #33
hskrdu
Veteran Member

Thx for the quick replies. I have the rough road belly pan (5Q0 825 902B) and all the hardware. I've read the thread at MK7 and three over at the vortex. Using an old and small monitor, I can't see where the two brace supports bolt on underneath.Agree it looks uncomplicated, but I have only a short window of time on the lift during the upcoming day of install, so I was just hoping to get better details to expedite the install (and keep lift fees under an hour if possible).

For the reference of others that find this, the belly pan was $70 including shipping from Holland (it ain't much if it ain't Dutch), and new OE hardware and brackets were $37 from VW online (vwpartsvortex = Burlington VW in NJ).
Old October 9th, 2019, 11:18   #34
armyschus
Veteran Member

I installed the Evolution Import plate from ID Parts. A very good design and did not cost as much as the ECS Tuning plate. Not a fan of the cheap options you may find on ebay. It the cost savings worth the additional risk and costs to repair damages from road debris. Will being installing the ECS tunnel protection next.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-part...446ecs01-01kt/

I travel to a lot of BSA camps and the road conditions on them should be left to vehicles with high ground clearance.
Old October 9th, 2019, 12:14   #35
Mrrogers1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Never high enough but always trying for more.... (See signature)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hskrdu View Post
Thx for the quick replies. I have the rough road belly pan (5Q0 825 902B) and all the hardware. I've read the thread at MK7 and three over at the vortex. Using an old and small monitor, I can't see where the two brace supports bolt on underneath.Agree it looks uncomplicated, but I have only a short window of time on the lift during the upcoming day of install, so I was just hoping to get better details to expedite the install (and keep lift fees under an hour if possible).

For the reference of others that find this, the belly pan was $70 including shipping from Holland (it ain't much if it ain't Dutch), and new OE hardware and brackets were $37 from VW online (vwpartsvortex = Burlington VW in NJ).
When you have car in the air it will be apparent. It's real hard to get a good pic of where they go without the bumper out of the way and most of us installed from underneath, with bumper on.
Old November 10th, 2019, 16:44   #36
hskrdu
Veteran Member

Mrrogers, were you able to find the rear exhaust cover for the GSW TDI (torsion beam) with part number 5G0 825 206 J per golfdave's thread on GolfMK7? The only ones I can find so far are for cars with IRS.
Old November 11th, 2019, 06:23   #37
TDI73
Veteran Member

Quote:

Hi, would you, please, provide a link for a Dutch site? Thanks!
99 Jetta TDI MKIII 5MT(ALH)
97 Golf MKIII 5MT
TDI73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2019, 08:20   #38
Mrrogers1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Never high enough but always trying for more.... (See signature)

Quote:
Mrrogers, were you able to find the rear exhaust cover for the GSW TDI (torsion beam) with part number 5G0 825 206 J per golfdave's thread on GolfMK7? The only ones I can find so far are for cars with IRS.
I couldn't and I don't know how much more it would help so I stopped looking. It's a cheap part though, which it was available for us MK7 TDI'ers. I almost wonder if it's not available on purpose though as our exhaust systems do generate/hold quite a bit more heat than any of the other models. I feel like someone fabricated a cover of some kind like it but the heat burned it or something.

Last edited by Mrrogers1; November 11th, 2019 at 10:02.
Mrrogers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2019, 09:56   #39
hskrdu
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrrogers1 View Post
I couldn't and I don't know how much more it would help stop looking. It's a cheap part though, which it was available for us MK7 TDI'ers. I almost wonder if it's not available on purpose though as our exhaust systems do generate/hold quite a bit more heat than any of the other models. I feel like someone fabricated a cover of some kind like it but the heat burned it or something.
Thanks for following up. It's odd that it's so hard/impossible to find. There was at least one person in golfdave's thread that had one, if I read it correctly, since he confirmed that the torsion beam item was different from the multilink, and exchanged his initial part with VW for multilink. I can't even find a picture of it online to compare with the common IRS version.
Old November 11th, 2019, 10:01   #40
hskrdu
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI73 View Post
Hi, would you, please, provide a link for a Dutch site? Thanks!

I ordered mine from here:

https://www.autorecyclingkuijpers.nl/

My receipt shows:

"26,00 per piece" ($30), but shipping brought the total to $70. Still a steal compared to full price.

They pop up on ebay.de, too:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/VW-Golf-7-VII-5G-Alltrack-Unterfahrschutz-Unterbodenschutz-vorne-5Q0825902B/193094303319?hash=item2cf5513e57:i:193094303319
Old November 14th, 2019, 02:58   #41
JM Popaleetus
Veteran Member

Quote:
I ordered mine from here:

https://www.autorecyclingkuijpers.nl/
Any chance you could PM me the message you sent them? I have a friend who wants the skid plate for his new GTI. But they have all disappeared from eBay, and the auction you listed from .de doesn't ship to USA .
2010 VW Jetta TDI Buyback
JM Popaleetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2019, 10:07   #42
hskrdu
Veteran Member

JM- I emailed with Marcel Kessels. I'll PM you the email, but I only asked if they had the part number, condition, and cost for shipping.

His contact info:

Met vriendelijke groet,
Marcel Kessels

Autorecycling Kuijpers B.V.
Rieten 6
5986 PH BERINGE
06-50246504
077-3031570
info@ar-kuijpers.nl
IBAN nr: NL30ABNA0213386925
BIC Nr; ABNANL2A
www.autorecyclingkuijpers.nl