Fuel Line Alternative?

bmwilson55

TDI
ALH 1.9L Jetta
Hi all. 2003 1.9L TDI ALH. Thinking I need to replace the fuel lines that run between the filter and the Injection Pump. I looked up the part number (1J0130307R) and this thing sells for 90+ bucks new. Lord have mercy. It is 2 pieces about 12-16 inches long. Anyone use just basic diesel fuel line instead of this piece? Will order it if it does something special over standard fuel line. Thanks, Bryan

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
The NEW Beetle of that era uses all black rubber (no clear hose on the In side).

I see no reason as to why you couldn't use anything as long as it fit and could handle diesel fuel/bio-diesel.

I have a "plain jane" fuel hose from the filter to the IP on the ALH in my Vanagon ... works great!

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
I recommend using some shielding if you go with generic fuel line to prevent it from rubbing too much.
I did that on my last MK4 and it worked perfectly.
The shaped hoses are crazy expensive!

I also look at rockauto to see if I can get a good price for things first.
Fuel lines is cheap though and you could replace it for $10 with shield.

VincenzaV

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
I'll check it tomorrow, but from last time I remember looking at it for a fuel filter change <6mo ago, great!!!

Yes, I did the coolant overflow area lines. I really wanted to stay stock molded line because they look so great, but the insane prices made me say HECK NO!!!!

Last edited:

xjfish

TDI
01 Golf
I recently purchased USED lines off ebay for the time being. About $35 IIRC. My car originally had all regular black molded fuel lines. (Auto Golf) They look o.k. for now... The manual trans looking lines with clear section look like they will fit just fine, will confirm soon. Just an option.